• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pinar Serie B

Anthony

Advertising Space -- Available Here
Pinar Serie B Rothschild 4x50

Construction: Nice dark brown wrapper, appears fairly smooth with a few small veins and slight marbling. The bunch looks very consistent and feels firm.

Prelight: Draw is a bit tight, but the taste is great with strong notes of cedar and spice.

Initial smoke is nice, not too peppery, the predominant flavor/aroma is leather with an aftertaste of cedar. Perfect draw.

The ash is light gray, and somewhat scaly, it held on for a bit more than an inch before dropping off.

Flavors through the first half of the cigar continue to lean toward leather and cedar, with a mellow earthiness. This cigar is much milder than I was expecting, but it does have a couple of years age on it.

Into the second half of the Pinar B, the flavor is becoming more complex. I'm getting a great nutty/coffee taste that I would not usually expect from Cuban tobacco, and it's very nice. The only issue is that at this point the burn is getting a little inconsistent, requiring a few minor touch-ups.

Toward the end of this stick, it's now gaining a bit of strength. A more peppery flavor profile is emerging, definitely more reminiscent of Cuban cigars I've had the pleasure to smoke.

Took this cigar right down to the nub, and enjoyed every minute of it. It was a bit over an hour, and I wish I had more. Overall I wouldn't call this the best cigar I've had, but it was certainly very good and I'd recommend trying one if you get the opportunity.