• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

pipe smell after smoking

dead_man

Reaction score
hey guys, the little woman dosen't like the smell of my pipes after they have been smoked and are resting on my dresser. She says the smell like an ashtray, can't say i disagree. Any way to get rid of that smell?

thanks in advance

buy a pipe carrying case that has a zipper on it...reduces the smell and protects the pipe. Eliminates the smell? well...the only true way I know to do that for a pipe is just throw it out...but obviously that isnt an option. Heck...even put it in a ziplock baggie...

I dip my pipe cleaners in rum before I use em, and wipe the bowl inside and out, with a tissue dipped in Rum.
Works a treat.

Is this a problem every 28 days? For some reason my wife's nose gets more sensitive every 28 days. Maybe it's the moon. No matter what you do your pipes are not going to smell good to your wife. Get your own space; there's no other solution. Pipes need to be out in the open air, where they can dry between smokes.

Doc.

If there is a particular tobacco smell she likes, such as one of the aromatics from Boswell's*, you can leave a closed 2oz bag of that with your pipes. It will mask the smell of ash.

* my wife likes Christmas Cookie and Sweet Tea

What kind of pipe are you smoking out of? And what kind of tobacco? The only time I have had an issue with an odor is with my meerschaum after smoking an aromatic. The wet smoking tobacco coupled with the porous nature of the meerschaum which absorbs a lot of the tar from the tobacco leaves that wet cigarette ashtray smell.

Is there another place in the house you can leave the pipe when you are finished?

Get divorced.... Next question! ;)

great idea ;) they are in the part of the house she is in the least. we have a room that has our dresser and all our clothes. she is only in there a few times a day. her nose is a lot better than mine, though. she went to florida for a little over a week, it was a warm summer day, kind of breezey. I opened all the windows, and smoked a cigar. when I was finished, I sprayed the house down with fabreeze and left the windows open for about six days. she comes home, walks through the door, and she instantly knew. I've been smoking a lot of dark star and frog morton lately, all out of briar, and i leave the outside for about twenty-four hours, weather permitting.

I keep my pipes and rack in a cabinet. It's not airtight so they can breathe and dry accordingly, but it's enough to keep the smell from getting out into the room. It also looks rather nice if you ask me. :)

I keep my pipes and rack in a cabinet. It's not airtight so they can breathe and dry accordingly, but it's enough to keep the smell from getting out into the room. It also looks rather nice if you ask me. :)

very good idea, my friend. thank you. I will give it a try.

I also do this and no smell until I open it. Once it's closed, all is good again.