• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pipes & filters

jepe

I want to buy a new pipe but how do I know if I can use a filter with it?
I'm using this filters
DrPearlbox.jpg

I dont have a certain pipe in mind but just wondering,in general how can I tell if
the pipe is with filter or without.or of it this filter will fit ?
For me smoking a pipe without a filter is too strong.

I have actually been looking to purchase those filters. I have a very nice smoking pipe made in Poland, which uses those filters.

The fellow is on ebay and has a website. He makes and sells several styles of pipes.

Ebay seller name: "filipesku1970"

Most pipes that are drilled for filters will say so in their description. The size of filter isn't always listed, though.

Vauen makes pipes that will use those filters and the Big Ben pipes that I've smoked that were drilled for filters also use those 9mm filters. Some makers use 6mm filters, but I think most of the European makers (with the exception of Savinelli) use 9mm filters in their filter pipes.

The only way to really know is to ask the shop once you find a pipe that you like. Good luck!

I have several Savinelli filter pipes I use to smoke an occasional aromatic. Here's how to save money on the filters. Instead of buying the actual filters. I go on ebay and buy a pack of balsa wood rods in the right size (3/16x1/8"). I cut them to length and that's it. Cost is about 10% the cost of filters and they work just as well. A tip: if you cut the ends on a slight angle the pipe draws better.