• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

TexasTraveler

I'm kind of a big deal
Didn't want to derail someone's thread. Mainly just saw a post by @CoventryCat86 and thought to myself, what vehicles does and has he owned? I have owned some Jags in my day. Specifically 1988 XJS, 2000 S-Type, 2011 XKR, 2015 XE, 2017 F-Pace... Once the used car market comes down I really would like to try and get a BDE or 400 Sport F-Type.

Some history from the CigarPass wiki archives!

Before CoventryCat started his successful online business selling cigar box clocks, lamps and birdhouses, he would travel around car shows in his pristine 1986 Jaguar XJ6 selling rare Jaguar car parts out of the trunk, and Cuban cigars from his Spanish cedar lined glovebox humidor.

It was rumored that his Nova Scotia Jaguar recycling/ scrap yard property was shutdown due to heavy metal contamination, and may be classified as an international Superfund site?

Last I heard he was a roadie for the Dropkick Murphys tour, and still selling his cigar box art on Etsy, while dabbling in local politics.

Gramps @ggiese may be able to provide more information in his role as CoventryCat’s official photographer.

Before CoventryCat started his successful online business selling cigar box clocks, lamps and birdhouses, he would travel around car shows in his pristine 1986 Jaguar XJ6 selling rare Jaguar car parts out of the trunk, and Cuban cigars from his Spanish cedar lined glovebox humidor.

It was rumored that his Nova Scotia Jaguar recycling/ scrap yard property was shutdown due to heavy metal contamination, and may be classified as an international Superfund site?

Last I heard he was a roadie for the Dropkick Murphys tour, and still selling his cigar box art on Etsy, while dabbling in local politics.

Gramps @ggiese may be able to provide more information in his role as CoventryCat’s official photographer.
I would love to provide more information, but CC86 has retired from birdhouse/clock engineering and now working a real job. Twas fun while it lasted! :cool:

I did want to add - a few years ago CC86 saved me from a nearly disastrous investment in a Jaguar I was eyeing at a local police auction. The price looked to good to be true - but CC was able to talk me off the ledge. Later I researched the year and model and found what CC had told me - it would have been a complete boondoggle... Thank goodness his Novia Scotia Jaguar recycling/scrap yard superfund site experiences helped a brother in need!!!

The other funny thing that did happen - out of the clear blue a couple of years ago Bill reached out to me to check on a Jaguar he was interesting in purchasing that was near my house. He was not interested in traveling all the way from Novia Scotia to Chicago to look at it. In the interim there were apparently some shenanigans with the car as the seller abruptly took it off the market. I guess him involving a local to check to see if it was on the up and up spooked the seller?!

@ggiese , @CoventryCat86 , @cohibasurfer , @MilesMingusMonk , et al, you old phukers need to stop y the vherf at least once. I overlooked it for about a year and finally took the plunge. These FNG's are good dudes and I really believe in this aspect of Cigar Pass. Since @Matt R ain't run the LOL herf in a bit, this Vherf fills the void. I know George and MMM have no problem talking, Ccat, well, he's Ccat!(bustin yer ball, friend)

I'm serious, I'm inviting you guys to jump in at least one Saturday night. 8Pm EST. If you do, I know you'll see it for the fantastic addition that it is. I promise, or my name is Orville Redenbacher!(you old fugs should get the reference).

Floyd T

@ggiese , @CoventryCat86 , @cohibasurfer , @MilesMingusMonk , et al, you old phukers need to stop y the vherf at least once. I overlooked it for about a year and finally took the plunge. These FNG's are good dudes and I really believe in this aspect of Cigar Pass. Since @Matt R ain't run the LOL herf in a bit, this Vherf fills the void. I know George and MMM have no problem talking, Ccat, well, he's Ccat!(bustin yer ball, friend)

I'm serious, I'm inviting you guys to jump in at least one Saturday night. 8Pm EST. If you do, I know you'll see it for the fantastic addition that it is. I promise, or my name is Orville Redenbacher!(you old fugs should get the reference).

Floyd T
I've wanted to join in, but usually work Saturday evenings. I'm working tomorrow night but I'll see what I can do...

I've wanted to join in, but usually work Saturday evenings. I'm working tomorrow night but I'll see what I can do...
George,

Wednesday's are a good night too, just not as crowded. Same time, most of the same folks, except for our friend in Europe, MI(because he's a sissy @H. Vachon ) and a few others. I'm telling you, Rob hit a homer on this feature.

Floyd T