• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please help answer a question

KChiefsfan

Can someone please help answer a question? I have never seen this before from any cigar I have smoked, but I am currently smoking a Rocky Patel Decade and happened to notice that I have all these reddish dots on my fingers from where I am holding the cigar. They are small dots and are kind of hard to wipe off. I am also drinking out of a styrofoam cup and they are on the cup also from my lips. What is it? Also, has anyone else experienced the Decade to be the loosest draw you have experienced? I used a punch and this thing is like puffing air. Still is a good cigar with good flavor, just very loose. Thanks in advance for your help.

I think Rocky Patel vehemently denies dying his wrappers. That said, back when I was smoking through some boxes, I was indeed getting a lot of color on my fingers, etc.
I don't know if that is a definite sign of dying, but I don't like it.

Where did you get it? Storage conditions?

And he never said it was a maduro...
It was a Maduro. I got it from a sampler off of Thompsons (maybe CI, I don't remember) called Rocky vs. the World. It has been kept in my humidor, 72%, 74 degrees for about a month. It did not have a smell to it, and I did not lick my fingers so I do not know if it had its own flavor. I could not taste anything different when I licked my lips either. It just looked weird. I would think if it were some kind of dye that it would just turn my fingers a solid red (brown) color. This was actually tiny spots. At first I just thought I had gotten something on my right hand. I actually looked at my fingers on my left hand and did not notice anything. When I transferred the cigar to my left hand to clean off the spots, that is when I noticed that it had also gotten on my left hand and that it was also on my cup. Whatever it was, definitely came from the cigar as I kept wiping my fingers and it kept returning immediately. I am just hoping that it was not some sort of mold or fungus.

Edit: Also wanted to mention that I stored it and store all my other cigars in the cellophane wrapper.

It is probably just the dye. If Rocky denies using dye, maybe he can come out and explain what is going on.

It was the special tracking dye that Thompson's tags the people they're going to hound into eternity with.

Back