• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pocket Knives

okiesmoke

I've been looking for a pocket knife that is sleek enough to fit nicely into my slacks at work but with a decent enought sized blade to take care of any little tasks that need taken care of.

I've been looking at Swiss Army "Secretary" or the single "Alox". I've had a "secretary" before and liked the way it fit in my front pocket. They're both about 3 1/4- 3 1/2 inches long closed.

I'd like something with a lockback though. Any suggestions???

My personal favorite is the Kershaw Leek. It's slim, fast, and gets the job done. 4" long with very good assisted opening and a liner lock. This is my third one, and I can't imagine carrying any other knife (the first was lost, the second stolen).

D

Edit: This knife is offered in a straight blade and a serated blade. I prefer the straight blades.

If you request any more "small knives" or say "slacks" one more time... inevitably a giant beer can will fall on your head.

You have been warned.

I can't find a link for it, but I can take a pic, not tonight though, time for bed.

My friend gave me a carbon fiber handled folder from Field & Stream as my best man's gift. It's a really nice and classy piece that I carry it at all times other than work, for work I have a S&W whatever that gets the abuse, I use a knife at least once every day. Still haven't needed to shank anyone yet though.

And for blade preference, I always choose semi-serrated as there are times when you need the assistance of the serration.

Whether I'm doing the shirt & tie thing at work or kickin' around in jeans, I've always got my CRKT K.I.S.S. on me. I use it as a money clip. My particular model, the 24K K.I.S.S. is no longer on the CRKT website...perhaps because the gold plating on the clip wears off after a while. Also not on the website, is the Spectra K.I.S.S. but I don't know if the titanium nitride finish has wear problems. Then there's the K.I.S.S. in the Dark version in basic black. If the finish is as tough as my M16 SRT LE model, it should look good for a very long time. I may even have to snag that one for myself.

I always carry a knife of some kind. My good knife is a Chris Reeve Mnandi (link). I like a knife that I can clip to my front pocket (all my knives clip). The Mnandi clip is designed to look like a pen once it is clipped on your pocket. In my pocket, it looks just like a pen...very few folks can tell it's a knife. The knife is really nice...wicked sharp and very smooth. It is almost too nice to use on tape and cardboard! It's great for peeling an apple though...This one was a gift from my wife...they are kind of pricey. It's the only Chris Reeve knife I own, but it is really a sweet knife and I would buy another one without hesitation.

My other knives are Benchmades...also great knives.

My "everyday" knife is a Benchmade Switchback (link) that I fell in love with at the Outlaw Cigar Shop in KC but bought locally (mostly due to the hassle of getting it home on the plane). It's also very nice. I like the long straight blade for "office" work.

My weekend knife is also a Benchmade, the AFCK. I have the old model (liner lock), the new ones are all axis lock models. Here's a (link). Several blades are offered and I have the partially serated one...I've had the knife for over 10 years and it's showing some age.

The axis lock is a very strong lock and seems to wear better. My son uses a Benchmade axis lock that is close to 5 years old and the lock is still solid. My liner lock Benchmade occasionally suffers a lock failure. To be fair to the knife, I've semi-abused it over the years by dropping it, prying with it and cutting all kinds of stuff inappropriate for a pocket knife.

My daughter carried a CRKT knife for years until she lost it. It was also a good knife.

edits:typos

I carry a Chris Reeve Small Sebenza everyday. It is small enough to easily carry in your pocket, but big enough to actually do some cutting.

I carry this Klein 44032 all the time. It has a classy look, good weight and is thin and compact.

Klein 44032

My personal favorite is the Kershaw Leek. It's slim, fast, and gets the job done. 4" long with very good assisted opening and a liner lock. This is my third one, and I can't imagine carrying any other knife (the first was lost, the second stolen).

D

Edit: This knife is offered in a straight blade and a serated blade. I prefer the straight blades.

Ya man!! I have the Kershaw Chive with an even smaller blade. Still works and carries well. These knifes are "spring assist" open and may not be legal in your area. I know that WI frowns on them.

Before a beer can falls on my head, I'll add that I make my own hunting knives from kits I've purchased over the years and unfortunately in my line of work "slacks" are a must!

Thanks for all the feedback. I've got some research to do now. Hope everyone's Christmas was great and Happy New Year!

D

Ya man!! I have the Kershaw Chive with an even smaller blade. Still works and carries well. These knifes are "spring assist" open and may not be legal in your area. I know that WI frowns on them.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about that. You'll have to check your local laws, because these are barely legal in most places. The Leek isn't spring operated. It uses a cam, so there is no spring to wear out.

D

I really like the Spyderco Kiwi models for a gentlemans knife. They have been offered in different handle materials and are of exceptional quality.

wr0006thumbnail.gif

Doesn't matter what britches I've got on, this one has ridden with me for the last 6 years. Thanks again Kenny :thumbs: