• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Poker Chips

gibu

Guys,

For some reason I've been looking at poker chips on the net for the last little while now. I live in the middle of nowhere so checking around in person is not an option. I decided to pick up a couple sample packs on eBay, heres what I'm looking at.

Texas Holdem Latest Newest Version

13 gram clay composite

I'm also day dreaming about a set of thease.
Metal Coin Inlay

Right at the moment I'm really leaning twords the new Texas Holdem chips. Perhaps with a set of labels to put on them. Something like the Gradient background and three cards with my initials on them.Poker Chip Stick On Labels

My question is what do you guys use and like? I'm not looking to break my own bank on this so thats why I'm leaning the way I am unless the samples change my mind for some reason.

Along the same lines, how many colors do you guys like to use? What denominations and such? How many chips in your set? You know, the whole low down on your set up.

Thanks.

well correct me if im wrong but it looks like u bout the first 2? but i would defenantly go clay, there really nice, once u feel the texture and wieght of a clay chip when u push em all in u'll never go back

Stony,

Yea, I bought three poker chip sample packages. A sample pack of 15 13 gram clay composits, a sample pack of 14 11.5 gram clay composits (new Texas Holem style), and a sample pack of four metal coin insert chips.

I was wanting to try out some different ones and see what I like. Like I saidm a local store to go browse in isn't an option. :angry:

gibu said:
Stony,

Yea, I bought three poker chip sample packages. A sample pack of 15 13 gram clay composits, a sample pack of 14 11.5 gram clay composits (new Texas Holem style), and a sample pack of four metal coin insert chips.

I was wanting to try out some different ones and see what I like. Like I saidm a local store to go browse in isn't an option. :angry:
didnt mean to upset u, just seemed odd but it makes sence, i still enjoy the classic clay but its all about ur feel, there all nice chips. :thumbs:

didnt mean to upset u
LOL :p
No no no, I'm just a little miffed sometimes that I have to do so much by mail order, and can't simply go look at some like other people get to do. I can't even buy blue cheese thats not in a salad dressing bottle in this little one horse town. :0

Like I saidm a local store to go browse in isn't an option.

Gibu is indeed located in the quintessential "Middle of Freaking NOWHERE" :sign:

I hear they're going to build a "Six Flags Norton" right next to the "Mall of Kansas" right out there on Route 36, just a little past W. Washington Street :sign:

Pave over that State Park paradise and put up a parking lot :D

My old unit got a box with custom stick on labels. So far they've lasted 3 years without the labels coming off. You have to store them in a cool place so the glue holds.

When we bought ours we bought the 13g clay composite they had a nice feel to them and we liked the sound that they made. We didn't buy any labels but I liked the ones you posted may have to look into those.

Either one of the clay chips are fine. I don't care for the labels, the chip values tend to change.