• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Poll: Preferred Flame Options for Lighting Cigars?

What do you prefer to use to light your cigars?

• Wooden matches

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Torch lighter

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Non-torch butane lighter

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other lighter (Zippo, Bic, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A cedar strip, lit by another method

• My kitchen stove

• Total voters

kent1146

I own two torch lighters that I have used for the past 1.5 years to light cigars. I would toast the foot until it turned an ashy white, then I would proceed to smoke the cigars. But recently, I've started using the wooden matches that my local B&M cigar shop gives out. I've got it down to a 3-match light by now (one for toasting, one for the actual lighting, one for touch-ups).

For some reason, it seems to produce a much woodier, and less bitter taste on the first puff. I'm thinking of using matches as my primary way to light cigars, and just using my torch lighter in windy conditions, or when its inconvenient to use matches.

So, that got me thinking... what does everyone else here use, and why?

Torch all the way!

Hold it further away from the foot of your cigar, and purge the cigar after lighting before taking your first puff.

I prefer a torch. But if a torch is unavailable I go to wood matches.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I generally use a Bic. I know that most consider that a faux pas, but it is all I have at the moment.

I prefer a soft flame, but being that I smoke outdoors 99.9% of the time, a torch is what I use the most.

Soft flame can be match, butane, zippo (with the new fuel there's no odor or taste), or stick from the campfire.

In a pinch, I usually drive my truck at about 95MPH for 15-20 minutes then hop out, crawl underneath, and light one from the exhaust manifold...

ok that's a lie... I like a torch...

Why not just use your last cigar.

OK the strangest way I lit a cigar, was with a glowing weld joint. It worked

Combo answer....

I toast with a torch and take the first puffs with a flaming cedar strip.

why no option for using a candle ?? lol

I still remember the smell of the candle lighted cigarette from ten years ago. :(

I pull a control rod from my backyard nuclear reactor and use that. Or a Blazer torch; depends what I'm in the mood for..... :laugh:

Torches all the way. I hate the smell of zippo lighters.

I use a Z-Plus insert in a Zippo. Toast the foot then a slight purge, wait 30 seconds, enjoy... :thumbs: In a pinch, it's matches or a Bic (the only pinch being running out of fuel). Just don't rush it.

Derek

I've always used a torch but I'm beginning to like matches and soft-flame lighters.

Torch mostly, unless the tourch runs out of fuel and I get to lazy to refill it then I grab the trusty Bic.

I find my old Colibri torch to be my #1 lighter.. until it runs out of gas on the golf course after I half lit a cigar. :( I should have carried a Bic or something with me last weekend.

I find my old Colibri torch to be my #1 lighter.. until it runs out of gas on the golf course after I half lit a cigar. :( I should have carried a Bic or something with me last weekend.
I always carry an extra plain jane lighter... just for that particular reason...