• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Popped my cherry today!

txmatt

El Cheapo smoker
Thanks to sleepyjim I got to enjoy my first cigar from the famed ISOM today.
Although I am not certain, I believe it was the Fonseca No. 1. It was a lonsdale made by Fonseca if it was a differnet one though.

I decided to start the week off right today. I was initially reaching for a new favorite Sancho Panza double maduro Quixote, but changed my mind. I wanted to try something special today. It was either going to be a CAO Odysey or the nice Fonseca Jim sent me.

The cigar was darned good. The burn was even burn with a very good draw. It also F'd me up a bit, I am downing a ginger ale as I type to counteract some of the buzz. Based on the flavor I didn't expect it to pack the buzz it gave me. The flavor with slightly spicy and stayed consistent throughout.

The cigar has made me curious about the "dark side" to say the least..

Matt

It's all down hill from here my friend :D Just wait until you try a Cohiba :love:

Congrats on your first :thumbs:

Ginger ale stops the buzz? I didn't know that. Congrats on the ISOM. Once you go Cuban you never go back. I second that on the Cohiba.

Ree

Its not ginger ale but the sugar in it. Sugar helps to counteract or burn off a nicotine buzz. Some cigar smokers will keep sugar packets with them when they smoke to counteract a buzz that is too strong, I prefer to use soda that I can down quickly.

I can't say that I won't go back (to domestically available) however I did really enjoy the cigar.

Matt

txmatt said:
I can't say that I won't go back however I did really enjoy it.

Matt
Now you've got me excited to try one of those myself.... :D :thumbs:

I'm not a Fonseca fan, but I've never had one from the dark side either.

If you listen, you'll hear them calling you.......

You'll be back!!!!!