• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pop's can't read too well

Spanishcedar

Premium Grade Lumber Stock
My dad went over to one of his old friends house and snagged a couple of cigars out of my box. I didn't get the message till afterwork that he was going to take a couple, so i tried to catch him before he left to give him some recommendations that he and his pal would like. I only got his voicemail. He calls me back a little later, before i get home, and tells me he got a couple of the cheaper ones (little = cheap in his mind), i owe you a couple of bucks he said. I told him not to worry at all about the money, and that they should enjoy them. Without even looking i knew which ones he had grabbed, Montecristo no. 3's. I get home and check the box with suspicions confirmed. The next day I asked him how they were. He said that they had quite a time smoking on them. "You about had to suck your brain out to get a good draw!!", he said. I smiled and agreed, they are a fight for flavor.

I never had the heart to tell him he grabbed about 14 bucks of 2 cuban goodies. I sure did get a kick out of it. The next day I got a seperate humidor for the cubans; however, not because i don't want him to smoke up my cubans... infact he can smoke them all if he wants to, but he doesn't really know the difference. I'll just educate him a little bit first and then break out the goodies for a good father son smoke.

Hah! Everything else aside, Montecristos are not the best for the uninitiated, because they wont be bracing themselves for a plugged smoke, draw poker in hand.

I must of got lucky on the Monte#2 I smoked as it was plug free and I thought it was an amazing smoke, one I'll never forget.

That's funny that he didn't know, but glad to see you being a good sport about it. I liked the father son smoke.

My father did the same thing to me last week, but with one of my very, very few Cohibas. It was unbanded, so he assumed that it was the cheapest thing in my vinotemp. Sigh. :rolleyes: Ahh fathers... It's a good thing I've only got one!

I wish my dad could steel my cigars.

Doc.

Lol, never, I haven't had the pleasure of finding any cuban smokes yet.

Doc.

That made me laugh.
It wasn't meant too be funny. I meant steal.

Doc.

Sorry Doc, I think you meant "to be funny."

Regardless, I too wish that my Dad could steal my cigars. Sadly, although he smoked cigars for 35+ years, his health failed before I became seriously involved in cigars and so we never got to share a really fine smoke. His death put an end to any hopes for a smoke with him and it still saddens me.

Just one of my regrets.

I wish my dad could steal my cigars.

Doc.

I know what ya mean & great timing. My Dad passed away 12 years ago last night and I would have given just about anything to smoke another cigar with him on the patio last night. ;)

My Dad never smoked cigars, but apparently my Grandfather did. I always remembered him puffing on a pipe. Last Christmas, I was going through some old photos at my Mom's. I had gotten her a photo frame and was scanning pictures in when I came across this. My Grandfather died when I was 10 years old. He taught me how to fish, but it would have also been awesome to have shared a cigar with him. This photo had to have been taken in the mid-50's, so he could very well have been enjoying a perfectly U.S. legal Cuban cigar.

gallery_6688_811_38866.jpg

thats a very cool picture.

Doc.
I hear you on that Doc. I figured mine's only got numbered amount of cigar smokes and harley rides left. I took the most from it for sure.

Lol, never, I haven't had the pleasure of finding any cuban smokes yet.

Look in your son's cigar box :cool:

My Dad never smoked cigars, but apparently my Grandfather did. I always remembered him puffing on a pipe. Last Christmas, I was going through some old photos at my Mom's. I had gotten her a photo frame and was scanning pictures in when I came across this. My Grandfather died when I was 10 years old. He taught me how to fish, but it would have also been awesome to have shared a cigar with him. This photo had to have been taken in the mid-50's, so he could very well have been enjoying a perfectly U.S. legal Cuban cigar.

That's a wonderful photo you got there friend. Thanks for posting that up!

I know what ya mean & great timing. My Dad passed away 12 years ago last night and I would have given just about anything to smoke another cigar with him on the patio last night. ;)

Sorry about your loss Herfer. When your kids get old enough you can rest assure they'll enjoy some smokes with you one day. Hope all is well in your household, my condolences to you good sir.

Lol, only 27. I have no kids, especially none to be pilfering from :p

That's a great picture, wish i had met my grandfather later on in life. You are one lucky guy.

my great grandfather smoked a box a week, and he was a real piece of work. My great grandmother had a large ashtray that sat on a skinny table on wheels. My great grandfather would light his cigar in his right hand and my great grandmother would roll the ashtray up for him on his right side. When his ash was long enough he'd switch it to the left and ash on the floor. My great grandmother would then roll it over to the other side. The next time he was ready to ash, he'd switch hands again and ash on the hardwood floor.

He was a piece of work, lemme tell ya. Things were sure different back then. Today, I can't even smoke in the house if its freezing cold and raining outside, much less ash on the floor and have my wife clean up after me.

Pfffffffffft. not that I agree with him ashing on the floor, but where did we go wrong.. :(

This is happening all over again. My Dad comes over to the house and dilly dallys with tools and such. He said to me yesterday,

Dad - "I smoked one of your ummm... cobra's when I stopped by the other day"
Me - "You mean cohiba?"
Dad - "Yeah that's the one. I really enjoyed it... I couldn't find any in the cigar shop like yours, where do you get those?"
Me - "You have to order them. I'll snag a box for you next time I order anything"
Dad - "Okay, just let me know how much I owe ya"
Me - "No worries Pops, I'll just keep them in my humidor for ya"

I really just don't have the heart to tell him.

Sorry to get all sappy on you Bros, I just wouldn't be able to live with myself if I pushed him away from my humi and he was gone the next day.

Hey, he wiped my @$$ for a couple of years... the least I can do is treat him to some good sticks whenever he wants them. After all that's 1/2 of what enjoying cigars is all about!

Cheers,

I'll never be able to share a cigar with my dad or my father in-law as both of them won't touch a stogie.

Kinda makes me sad because when we go fishing there is nothing better to do than have a cigar.

Keep up the good stories!

Spanish Cedar, you are a truely good person and why CigarPass is the classy place it is. A lot of people would be pissed if a family member smoked their hard-to-get ISOMs. You've really inspired me. I wish I lived closer to my dad. Thank you for your selflessness.