• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larrañaga Cuban Grade & H. Upmann Signature

Fia

New guy here....Came across some of these at the Paiute Indian Smoke Shop (best prices in LV) while in LV last week. Remember hearing about them at RTDA last summer. Decided to grab some. I smoked the PL and was pleasantly surprised especially when it only cost about 4 bucks. Havent tried the H. Upmann yet. Was wondering what any of your impressions were on these.

TIA :)

That's what we needed!!! Another H.Uppmann. This company is owned by Al Argenti and his brother formerly with the Perdomo cigar group. I think Al is a great guy. The cigars on the other hand are rather unremarkable.

The Por Larranaga Maduro was one of the last cigars I had before I left for basic...I liked it alot, it reminded me a bit of a Padron 64 Maduro with a bit of spice thrown in.

The Por Larranaga Maduro was one of the last cigars I had before I left for basic...I liked it alot, it reminded me a bit of a Padron 64 Maduro with a bit of spice thrown in.

Was that one made by Cuban Imports or by Altadis? Just curious. Might have to look for that one to try sometime!

Had an H. Upmann Signature Double Eagle Maduro last week. I would have to say it was much stronger than I would have expected (Med-Full). I purchased it only 8 weeks ago so I didn't let it rest and I am sure it would have brought out a lot more flavor, if I would have. Chocolate the predominant sense but a great strength sense to the palate, which is what I enjoyed the most. Only purchased because there was a 4 stick limit on them, otherwise I would have passed on these and many lines similar, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Was that one made by Cuban Imports or by Altadis? Just curious. Might have to look for that one to try sometime!

One of the new ones by Cuban Imports, in the shiny silver box.

One of the new ones by Cuban Imports, in the shiny silver box.

Cool...I picked up one with the natural wrapper in LV. Didnt see a maduro version. Will be sure to try one next time I see it.

Had the HUpmann Signature in natural wrapper today. Dont know the name but it was a perfecto shape kind of like a AF signature. Anyway, wasnt my cup of tea! :(

Still want to try the Maduro version though.