• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larrañaga Petit Corona

CigarInspector

Hedonist.
Reaction score
pl-pc.jpg

I just smoked one that I purchased in Paris a month ago.

The looks are classic, the cigar is quite discreet with its band having almost the same color as the wrapper.
It exhales a faint sour pre-light smell and the foot smells of mature quality tobacco.

After clipping it with my cutter, I discovered a perfect pre-draw. It was dry, with a hint of spice.

I easily lit it and the first pulls were sweet'n'spicy, with an almond aftertaste.

The taste in this first third is surprisingly complex and changes from puff to puff - I could swear I detected some honey as well - not much though.

In the second third, the cigar deploys solid woody flavors with a sour spicy aftertaste in the back of the throat.

Until this point, the burn was straight and the draw perfect. The PLPC produced nice quantities of slightly greyish smoke.

I was a little disappointed by the finish. First of all, the spice disappeared and I started getting some unplesant leathery harshness. At this moment, the cigar chose to go out and I had to relight it. After the relight, the harshness increased and I chose to leave it.

You're experience was almost identical to mine, but I didn't have any of the unpleasant notes. The one I smoked had 3 years on it, so that may be the difference. Anyway, I preferred the first half to the end. It definitely makes a pretty drastic change in flavor, but the woody/leather notes of mine were pleasing.

I just smoked my first one on Saturday. I'm not sure what year it was since I got it in a sample pack but it was at least a year old. I see why so many people list this as one of their favorite petite corona's. The draw was perfect which resulted in a nice even burn. I found it pretty mellow but did taste the spiciness. The last half became a little more robust then when I first started. I really enjoyed this cigar and will definitely look for a cab when they come available.

I have a Por Larrañaga Montecarlos sitting in my humidor.. it's been there for probably 5 years or so. I keep forgetting about it, but your review has renewed my interest in it. I think it'll be burning quite soon.
Thanks for the review, and the inspiration :)