• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larranaga cabs

SamGuss

A little while ago I got a handful of Por Larranaga's from a cabinet. Finally lit one up last night and was an "ok" smoke. Overall impression wasn't that great, no where near what I expected, however due to the environment I was in and everything else, the cigar did go well. Here is my review.

As many of you know, I am getting into wine as well. So far I have really broken the bank, spending a whopping $10 a week so far on this hobby. One of the bottle that I recently got is the Chateau Gravesville something-or-another and yes I forgot to write it down to include in this review. It's a French white wine that so far is hands down the best white wine I have personally had.

Dinner was skinless chicken breats smothered in BBQ sauce al la carte. The wine went well with this dinner, having tastes of white grapes and a strong apple pressence with a tart unsweetened finish. It did a great job of settling the BBQ taste down and cleaning my palette for the next bite.

After dinner, I sat down with a full glass of this wine and the Por Larranaga cabinet. The cigar had a tight draw (which is the reason why I only smoked it half way down, versus nubbing it – saving my mouth with all the dental things going on) with a leafy and light cedar taste. Medium body with a light ashy aftertaste that blended well with the wine, making the wine appear more sweet and less tart.

By itself, I wasn’t overly impressed with this cigar, however it did add to the enjoyment of the wine allowing the flavors of the wine to become even more apparent. This is simply not the “taste” of a cigar that I normally smoke, however now knowing how well it adds to the flavor of at least this particular wine it is worth keeping my remaining few that I have for the occasion.

Meal: 85 (was a pre-prepared entrée)
Wine: 93
Cigar: by itself: 78-79 with the wine: 82-83

As usual in a non-maduro cigar, Princess, the cigar snob feline companion was unimpressed and appeared offended that I would even smoke such a cigar in her presence. She decided that the other room was more her taste while I smoked this cigar. The little b!tch. :sign:

Sam