• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larranaga Exclusivo Asia Pacifico

flamchop

65/65
I'm working over the weekend, sucks! Last night after a hard night's work I decided to relax with a Sam Adams White Ale and a stick I haven't tried before.

Por Larranaga Exclusivo Asia Pacifico
50 x 4.9
RE 2007 Limited Release

This smoke has nearly flawless construction. A dark and fairly oily wrapper with few veins, good bunching, and not too firm nor too soft to the touch. I punched the cap and took a draw. Thankfully it was perfect. I only have one of these smokes and if it turned out to be plugged I would have been disappointed. I torched it and took a draw.

The perfect draw gave way to lots of creamy smoke with each puff. It started off with some wood notes, and a little spice. But not overpowering... it was a pleasant subtle taste on the palette. There was also a hint of sweet.

The burn was perfect the whole way down, never had to do a single touch up. About 3/4 the way in however the wrapper cracked, but it was my own fault. I had a tough time getting the bands off and nicked part of the wrapper. No big deal though as it kept burning perfectly. After the halfway point the spice was gone and it was mostly woody, leathery, fresh tobacco flavors (but not grassy or acrid).

I nubbed this smoke and really enjoyed it. It was a 2007 release so I guess it's still on the young side but if you have any in your stash I would recommend firing them up now. But a few more years will only add to the delicious flavor and these could be spectacular in 2012 :) I'm just bummed that it was my only one!

These weren't that great when first released, however they are really starting to pick up. Great review Mike!