• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larranaga Petite Corona (PLPC)

dulaney22

Banned
I've been trying out a few smaller smokes, as the humidity and heat here in the deep south are wreaking havoc on the stogies I was enjoying a couple months ago. Luckily, Charley came through in a trade with some '06 PLPCs. I felt a little lazy this morning, so I fired one up before hitting the office. Needless to say, I was thoroughly impressed.

DSC03055.jpg

DSC03057.jpg

This little stick isn't the prettiest I've seen, but it isn't bad either. There were some ridgy veins and other imperfections, but, overall, it is a nice looking cigar that appears adequately constructed. It was slightly spongy to the touch, fairly oily and gave off only the hint of tobacco smell. I clipped the cap and realized a perfect draw. The foot lit very easily and immediately gave way to a nice spice and caramel creaminess. It didn't take long to realize that the flavors were very rich. The burn was spot on, leaving a light gray ash. Very quickly, the smoke gave off nice earthy tones that increased throughout.

DSC03069.jpg

I have read several reviews of this cigar and was beginning to wonder if any of the honey notes I was expecting would appear. Well, about halfway in, a mild and very pleasing spice began to stick to the back of my throat and out came some honey and nuts. This portion of the smoke turned a little more earthy than the first half and lost a little of the sweet undertones, leaving somewhat of a toasty finish. It was fantastic! I was thoroughly impressed by this pint-sized cigar and will definitely be looking for more. Thank you so much Charley!

DSC03070.jpg

Fantastic cigar!! One of the best PC's out there. It just seems the cabs don't last long enough... :blush:

Derek

I just smoked one.. after a fantastic first third, I found the finish slightly disappointing, both in terms of construction and flavors.
I'll post my thoughts in a separate thread right now and a full review in the near future.