• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larranaga ?

ads47

Tonight at my local shop we had a prerace herf and cook out. I won a Montecristo Jar humidor filled with various Altadis products. There were two Por Larranaga's in there that the rep said they quit making about 10-12 years ago and that they were very good cigars. Both of them are torpedo's 6inchs and about a 48rg. I know that they sell under the same brand but does anyone know about these cigars. I didnt have a chance to ask the rep much about them. I will see him again next week to ask more but wandered what ya'll thought of them.

thanks
ads

Hi Ads, I used to smoke the Por Larranaga robusto.
You must have the old blend if the rep said they were discontinued. Which imo is a very nice cigar. It's a middle of the road medium flavored Dominican cigar useing Nicaraguan, Dominican and Brazilian long leaf tabaccos. Starts off slow, a little creamy and developes some toasty flavors. It's wrapper is a USA Connecticut grown Colorado claro or blonde shade, which allows a dry, woody finish. Now the new blend uses the H2000 wrapper from Nicaragua. Enjoy the ones you have because as they say ... WTGTG!