• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pork stock

SewerRanger

I recently made pulled pork tacos out of a pork shoulder and used the leftover skin and bones to make some pork stock. I was originally going to just make some split pea soup out of it, but then I started thinking about how I've had split pea soup a billion times and wanted to try something different. Of course, then I realized that I didn't know what else to use pork stock for and then I remembered that we had a food and recipe section and figured, what the hell, why not tap into the masses! So masses, what do you guys think I should do with my pork stock? I usually cook a lot of German (it's my heritage) and American style food so I've not done much with pork stock before. Can anybody suggest some usages for me?

Mississippi Delta style tamales - if you're into that kind of chow. I've made them before and they are AWESOME especially with a little chili over the top. Linky to the recipe I use (more or less) and as with any good recipe, tweak it to your liking:

http://www.tamaletrail.com/recipe_howto.shtml

What skin is left on a pork shoulder after cooking it for 12-24 hours? One bone for sure but nothing else when I cook. Pork stock is used in a lot of Asian cooking generally. The only thing I've used it for is as an additive to the water when I make brats.