• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Post 4001

PuroBrat

I am not here :^)
This is my 4001st post, I am certainly over the hill now. I wanted to be sure that this Milestone post was no more meaningful than any others. So here it is.

A hungry Aoudad
dec4b0058ip.jpg

A simularly hungry Addax
dec4b0111bn.jpg

A curious Red Deer
dec4b0226oe.jpg

A Beautiful Sunset headed west out of Weatherford TX on my way home the other night
dec240156ht.jpg

The Hondador and my Jeep
dec29con0359xw.jpg

dec29con0367zc.jpg

The neighbor's 6 yr old kid on his new bike
dec29sam0052zj.jpg

PB, you were over the hill at 2000 posts. Not the only person with posting disorder worse than yours is Ms. CrabTree! :0

I love the way you put #4001 into perspective!

btw... what's the capacity on that hondador? Keeps a good 70%?

:D

stevehawk said:

btw... what's the capacity on that hondador? Keeps a good 70%?

[snapback]153403[/snapback]​

The story on the Hondador goes back to when I first got here. Unfortunately I don't remember the story. :blush: I am getting senile you see. But the trunk of the Honda had a small leak behind the taillight which I repaired. The trunk also has a near hermetic seal. So it reached a RH of about 72% in the trunk and stayed that way, I suspect it still might be. Anyway, I never actually stored cigars there, it was a joke. But if I were to try, I suppose it could easily hold 45 - 50 boxes so about 1200 stick capacity. :laugh:

PuroBrat said:
stevehawk said:

btw...  what's the capacity on that hondador?  Keeps a good 70%?

[snapback]153403[/snapback]​

I suppose it could easily hold 45 - 50 boxes so about 1200 stick capacity. :laugh:
[snapback]153418[/snapback]​

LMAO

I'll stick with the humis and the tuppi, I guess...

:laugh:

So did you feed the hungry animals or did you just crap in your shorts when they stuck their heads in your car...... :D :thumbs: :p :cool:

No, we fed them. If I could figure out how to post an AVI file, I have one of an Addax eating out of a bowl that my wife was holding. It's pretty cool.

Here ya go, proof I didn't just teese the guys :)

This one Bit me :angry2: on the arm when I started to drive away, I guess he was still Hungry :(
dec40015zu.jpg

This was a never to be done again photo, notice the food along the door top, when the Emu took a piece, he would toss it up and catch it in his beak. This shot just happened. :p
dec40194wj.jpg

This is a Fallow Deer that was very timid, but once he smelled the food in my hand, came right on in the car. :laugh:
dec40341pu.jpg

We have a lot of fun at this place. My son loves it, and it is only about 45 minutes away so we bought a years family pak back in March or April. We can go every day if we want to. It's pretty cool.

Rod said:
You live in a Zoo PB?
[snapback]153544[/snapback]​

Well, my son does resemble a Wild Ape in his demeaner from time to time. But these pics are from Fossil Rim in Glenrose TX. My wife and I bought a 1 yr Family Pass. We go there when we just need out of the house for a bit.

Next time I'm around Dallas/Ft.Worth the granddaughter will see this place. When I was a kid there was a place in Texas my family went that was on the same order. For all I know this might be the place. How long has this place been there PB?

cigarsarge said:
Next time I'm around Dallas/Ft.Worth the granddaughter will see this place. When I was a kid there was a place in Texas my family went that was on the same order. For all I know this might be the place. How long has this place been there PB?
[snapback]153569[/snapback]​

About 25 years now, before that it was called The Waterfall Ranch, a 1,400 acre wild game ranch.

In the early 80s it began propagation of endangered species. Grevy's Zebra, African addax, and eventually, cheetah and African scimitar-horned oryx were included in the preservation efforts.

BTW: Let me know when you are coming, I will get some Visitor Passes and Treat ya right! :thumbs: