• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Post Here when you receive your Cigar from VITASEA

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
Well I received a COHIBA ESPLENDIDO from Vitasea..

Upon inspection the length and ring guage are right on.
the construction of this cigar is great..and the triple cap is very evident and well wrapped.
Very strong smell of Cuban tobacco
very good feel to the cigar..and weight seems about right for the esplendido.

The band is very consistant with my other Cohiba bands. And it looks nothing like the phoney Esplendido i picked up in a pass. But more like the ones I have from a trusted source.
I will let it sit for a cple days to recover from its journey.. And smoke it soon. Im hoping it will smoke as well as it looks.

-alex

got mine today, it came wrapped in cellophane (seran wrap) and in a small manilla envelope w/o bubble wrap, however the cigar looks good, only time will tell.

JimK said:
Count me impressed and surprised!
JK
[snapback]171223[/snapback]​

:0 Me too. I understand the skepticism many had but looks like this guy may be legit. Even if he doesn't sell any boxes here, some people apparently will get some nice sticks for free. Holding off until I hear some more reviews but count me impressed thus far. :thumbs:

That does not rule out the old bait and switch.

Even if these are real and smoke like a dream...How may of you are going to take the chance of buying a full box??

Anyone...........

When you play with fire, you are gonna get burnt or pee the bed or what ever else mom use to tell me :laugh:

STYX&STONED said:

Even if these are real and smoke like a dream...How may of you are going to take the chance of buying a full box??

Anyone...........

When you play with fire, you are gonna get burnt or pee the bed or what ever else mom use to tell me :laugh:
[snapback]171228[/snapback]​
I hear ya.
Although, he told me in a PM that even after sending out these samples he'd be willing to do the send-a-box-before-expecting-payment thing.
Seems like the only people who could get burned in that situation are people who wouldn't know the bait from the switch.

STYX&STONED said:

Anyone...........

[snapback]171228[/snapback]​

Exactly... in any event, I'll have a look when mine arrives. Cohibas have to be the most counterfeited cigar in the world; I don't even like receiving them from people, I prefer to get them from trusted sources.

Here's an example of a recent fake I was sent:

http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/cigar...ohiba_bands.jpg

Fake Cohiba Siglo VI band (top) and a real Cohiba Siglo VI band (bottom).

Things to note:

1) The "Cohiba" lettering is in a different typeface; look especially at the "C"

2) The "Habana, Cuba" print is of relatively poor quality

3) Because the "Cohiba" lettering is not particularly embossed on the fake band, it is much less reflective than the real band is

No.1's the clincher.

the gurkha said:
got mine today, it came wrapped in cellophane (seran wrap) and in a small manilla envelope w/o bubble wrap, however the cigar looks good, only time will tell.
[snapback]171224[/snapback]​

Got mine today also (even though I told him not to bother). Same packaging. Other than the fact that it was a little flat it looks better than several of the Esplendidos in the box I just received today. It is darker and oilier and smells stronger. The ones in the box seem pretty dry. I don't have nearly enough experience to spot a fake so I'm gonna have someone else look at it. If he is willing to send boxes 1st I might have to belly up to a plate of crow. I still have a problem with the lack of info in his profile and no real name on the package.

Doug/vitasea has invited a friend of mine, who lives in his town and has plenty of Havana experience, to come over and check out his collection. I may be wrong but I don't think he was here to make dirty buck off anyone. But, time will tell. His sailng stories are also interesting an are backed up at other sites on the web as far back as 1997. Give him some rope and we'll see what he does with it.

Received my Esplendido today, and apart from it falling somewhat victim to the non-sturdy packaging (mainly just flattened with a slight cracking at the head and foot,), it looks and smells spot-on, albeit pretty wet. Since the damage from shipping doesn't look to be fatal, it should still be smoke-able once it dries out a bit.
Whatever my opinions would be about its authenticity, I think having Matt, or a friend he trusts, looking into the situation is where a solid verdict will come from.

Whatever the case, thanks-a-lot for the sample, vitasea.
It was a pretty-damn-cool gesture sending all these samples out to us.

If they turn out to be legit, I hope everyone returns soomething for the generosity he showed.

oh man how did I miss this thread about a free sampler. Hey Alex how much for a box of these from this guy? You looking to do a box split let me know.

Matt R said:
If they turn out to be legit, I hope everyone returns soomething for the generosity he showed.
[snapback]171278[/snapback]​

Without a doubt :thumbs: I just hope they're not all crushed. I've received many a poorly packaged cigar before and it's not pretty :(

Mephiston said:
Matt R said:
[snapback]171278[/snapback]​

Agreed up for a box split?
[snapback]171288[/snapback]​

Yeah Definately. I don't see anything wrong with that. He ships first to someone. They confirm authenticity and sends out to the rest of us. VIstasea does this a few times and he'll earn a good reputation here.

Back