• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

prayers

hyper1

Recently a thread was opened up asking for prayer for one of our member's wife's health. http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=4404&hl= It has really warmed my heart to see the response with genuine concern and Godly prayer. It's not often that you see people, expecially men expressing their faith in a public forum and I'm happy to see it happen here.

Too often these forums become filled with profanity and ill feelings. It has truly touched me to see that the C-Pass 'Brotherhood' is both a brotherhood focussed on cigars but also (at least for certain members) one focussed on God. I have felt comfortable here and now I know why.

I'm not a 'bible thumper' but I do have strong beliefs and am not afraid to express them. I'm glad to see others are not shy either.

If my beleifs are not yours, please just pass on this thread and let's continue a friendship focussed on cigars, but if you do share my beleifs, I would love to hear more about them.

God Bless you

I am with you Mike. It does the heart good to know that even tho we might not sit around and talk about God and Religious Beliefs, when the chips are down, we will offer up some prayer for a brother and not be ashamed to say so.

Trust me, you were not alone, there are a number of us on this board that hold our faith in God quite dear.

I myself was in Church from a very early age and still attend Church Services regularly (not as regularly as I should I suppose :lookup: ) My wife teaches Kindergarten at our Church Daycare as well, and my son attends school there.

We go to a Church of Christ that my Wife grew up in. I was a Baptist then when my Ex and I were looking for a church, we chose Methodist. I switched to Church of Christ for my Wife. I really miss singing in the choir. I have been a choir member since I was very young. Church of Christ don't use instruments and so Choir is a bit different, have not worked up to it yet :sign:

I would not be considered highly religious, Bible Thumper or anything like that, but I do pray, and I always keep my friends and family in those prayers and specifically include those who have special prayer needs. It makes me feel good to do it, and I am sure that as imperfect as I am, God does still hear me.

What I do not do is engage in Religious Debates. In bible study, the porpous is to discuss ideas, but anywhere other than a religious congregation, I will avoid the topic, other than to offer prayers. I just think that is best more often than not.

A private conversation however to talk about beliefs is certainly welcome :love:

God bless

Michael

Mine is usually a very private relationship. I have no more private relationship than that with my God. In cases such as this I have no problem with others seeing my beliefs. I also believe that this is my own personal responsibility, my own personal blessing, and it is nothing but my own personal way of being.

I pray for the best for all of you. I will never hold any difference against anyone. I will never expect anyone to believe anything similar or different. I am fortunate enough to live in these blessed United States. If you have other beliefs, I understand that THAT is your God given right. If you have NO such beliefs, I support your convictions whole heartedly as an American.

Live and let live.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

In the interim, I will pray for all.

Ryan