• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pre Embargo cuban

dpenix76

Guys,this is my first shot at a review and I have only been smoking a little over a month so I will do my best.Here goes:

This cigar was gifted to me by a friend.It was purchased at the local B&M in town here.The story is that 46,000 lbs of cuban tobacco was imported into the US before the embargo went into effect.I talked to them and they assured me that the cigar contained 100% cuban tobacco that had been stored in the US,sent to South America for rolling,and then returned.The tobacco had been certified by customs in 1999.On to the review:

Although I have only been smoking a short time,the first thing I noticed was that the cigar seemed to be very well constructed.It was nice and round,and felt very firm in the hand as well as when held in the mouth.the cut was very smooth and the cigar stayed together perfectly throughout the entire smoke.
Since I use smokeless tobacco,I usually take the freshly cut cap and chew it for a minute to taste the tobacco in its raw form.This one had a pleasant taste to it with plenty of flavor.To the lightup:

Before I got out the flame I took a few pulls through the cigar.The first thing I noticed was that this cigar had a very tight draw.Tighter than any thing I have had up to this point.As I began to light it,smoke began to drift into my nostrils and I was a bit suprised at the fullness of the taste.This is not to say that it was unpleasant,just different than any thing I had previously experienced.As I continued to draw in the smoke,the flavor was indeed very full and I did notice a very "peppery" taste like I have read about.Once again,very full flavor.
Here is where the unenjoyable part came in.The draw was so tight,I could suck as hard as I could,and not get enough smoke to enjoy!The taste was good,but the draw was in my opinion,terrible.I usually take more than the standard one puff a minute ,and this five inch cigar lasted nearly an hour!The ash was super tight and white as snow,took some effort to knock it off even when it was 1.5 inches long.When i finally discarded it,My mouth was a little tired from pulling at it.

Being that this sticks cost was 20.00,I was somewhat let down,not because of the flavor but because of the draw.I was told that the supply of these would probably all be gone in 2006,so I guess that will probably be my last experience with pre-embargo tobacco.Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to try a genuine stick,hopefully with a better draw I can enjoy the flavor rather than fighting to get some smoke.

Well there it is,my first review.Sorry I dont have any pics but this was given to me at work and I was so excited that I lit it up right away.I woluld appreciate some honest criticism and some of you FOG's let me know if I should learn more before trying to do a review,Thanks

Don't worry about not getting anymore. Your not missing out on much. Got conned into buying ~$100 bones worth, from the hype I was reading.... then I found this forum! :laugh:

slevy007

dpenix76 said:
Guys,this is my first shot at a review and I have only been smoking a little over a month so I will do my best.Here goes:

This cigar was gifted to me by a friend.It was purchased at the local B&M in town here.The story is that 46,000 lbs of cuban tobacco was imported into the US before the embargo went into effect.I talked to them and they assured me that the cigar contained 100% cuban tobacco that had been stored in the US,sent to South America for rolling,and then returned.The tobacco had been certified by customs in 1999.On to the review:

Although I have only been smoking a short time,the first thing I noticed was that the cigar seemed to be very well constructed.It was nice and round,and felt very firm in the hand as well as when held in the mouth.the cut was very smooth and the cigar stayed together perfectly throughout the entire smoke.
Since I use smokeless tobacco,I usually take the freshly cut cap and chew it for a minute to taste the tobacco in its raw form.This one had a pleasant taste to it with plenty of flavor.To the lightup:

Before I got out the flame I took a few pulls through the cigar.The first thing I noticed was that this cigar had a very tight draw.Tighter than any thing I have had up to this point.As I began to light it,smoke began to drift into my nostrils and I was a bit suprised at the fullness of the taste.This is not to say that it was unpleasant,just different than any thing I had previously experienced.As I continued to draw in the smoke,the flavor was indeed very full and I did notice a very "peppery" taste like I have read about.Once again,very full flavor.
Here is where the unenjoyable part came in.The draw was so tight,I could suck as hard as I could,and not get enough smoke to enjoy!The taste was good,but the draw was in my opinion,terrible.I usually take more than the standard one puff a minute ,and this five inch cigar lasted nearly an hour!The ash was super tight and white as snow,took some effort to knock it off even when it was 1.5 inches long.When i finally discarded it,My mouth was a little tired from pulling at it.

Being that this sticks cost was 20.00,I was somewhat let down,not because of the flavor but because of the draw.I was told that the supply of these would probably all be gone in 2006,so I guess that will probably be my last experience with pre-embargo tobacco.Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to try a genuine stick,hopefully with a better draw I can enjoy the flavor rather than fighting to get some smoke.

Well there it is,my first review.Sorry I dont have any pics but this was given to me at work and I was so excited that I lit it up right away.I woluld appreciate some honest criticism and some of you FOG's let me know if I should learn more before trying to do a review,Thanks
[snapback]293418[/snapback]​

Yes it was a Pinar.I remember seeing that name on the cabinet.Like I said,I wouldnt have tried it if it hadnt been free,and was not impressed wnough to spend 20.00 of my cash on it.Oh well,at least I can say that I had one since they will all be gone this year.LOL :rolleyes:

After reading the search results,I would tend to agree that these are porbably not real.To tell you the truth,I am kind of glad.I hope that a genuine cuban cigar will live up to the hype whenever I really get one.

dpenix76 said:
Yes it was a Pinar.I remember seeing that name on the cabinet.Like I said,I wouldnt have tried it if it hadnt been free,and was not impressed wnough to spend 20.00 of my cash on it.Oh well,at least I can say that I had one since they will all be gone this year.LOL :rolleyes:

After reading the search results,I would tend to agree that these are porbably not real.To tell you the truth,I am kind of glad.I hope that a genuine cuban cigar will live up to the hype whenever I really get one.
[snapback]293644[/snapback]​
yes, the real cuban will live up to it's reputation, especially if it's a choix supreme. :love:.........................edited for spelling.