• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pricing

Rickets

Saw that thread for the 5 woams for $75.
Just bought a box of woam's for $250. Did I get sucker-punched?

According to the Fuente pricing post at the top of this forum the MSRP for a box of WOAMs is $183.75 so you payed 36% over MSRP. Really, it comes down to if you feel that the cigars are worth what you payed.

Edit for linkage.

It really depends on the state you live in. Cali has a tax in the 43% range so anything under that is a good price for us. Others can get these at or below MSRP. I have never seen them there but thats just me. $250 seems like a good price to me.

$250 is not a great price, but it's not highway robbery either. Very seldom will anyone find a full box of hard to find Fuentes at the actual msrp unless that person does a ton of business with the shop and is getting preferential treatment or is just plain lucky.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I understand your post. 5 for $75 equals $15 per cigar, there are 25 cigars in a box which equals $375, whereas you said you paid $250 so you didn't get "sucker-punched" at all. Or am I completely missing something here?

quick edit to add; When it comes down to it, it's a matter of what that cigar is worth to you. Of course we don't want to support gougers by any means, but if you really feel that it was worth $250 for a full box then you have every right to buy them and enjoy the hell out of 'em! And in my book, $250 is not gouging on these even though it's well above msrp. I'd personally have to think about a full box at that price, which works out to $10 per cigar which I feel is not bad.

Or am I completely missing something here?

findX.gif

I'd personally have to think about a full box at that price, which works out to $10 per cigar which I feel is not bad.

Welcome to California country Andrew, where we pay $10-$12 a stick for shit like Rocky Patels and Carlos Toranos. A Don Pepin Garcia Blue robusto can easily sell for $13 dollars at our local B&Ms. Ah yes, God I am so glad they passed the Tobacco Taxes!! It truly helps dissuade use from smoking!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

If I came across a box of HTF Fuentes that MSRP at $7 or so a stick, and I paid $10 a stick for them, I think I'd be doing a pee-pee dance right now! :sign:

Saw that thread for the 5 woams for $75.
Just bought a box of woam's for $250. Did I get sucker-punched?
$10 a stick is a good score. You would be hard pressed to find them at $9 a stick.

Brian

I have to think this one is a tough call. Depending on the state taxes and the availability of WOAM, this could be a good deal. I think that one thing is certain: most of the folks here would agree that WOAM is a fine cigar. If you get a chance to grab some and feel like you can handle the cost then grab them.

souldog24ca- you couldn't express the situation better, especially where I live. Actually it's worse, but when I saw them, just had to get them.

I'm glad I didn't get taken for a ride.

It's a tough call. On the one hand, I always say "don't feed the gougers" but on the other hand, if a guy has a box of HTF smokes at a price you're willing to pay, where's the gouge? Note that the guys selling single standard Opie X's for $40.00 are not in this catagory...... :angry:

Sounds like when taxes are figured in you got a very fair deal. If they were worth it to you, I'd not lose a bit of sleep over it.

Cheers - B.B.S.