• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Problem with text formats?

BrownDevil

BOTL
Maybe it's a fluke...

A couple of weeks ago when I quoted a post, I was able to highlight part of the quote, click on BOLD and when I posted my reply the portion I chose to BOLD showed up in BOLD.

Tried it a couple of days ago and a pop-up came up asking me to type in the text I want in BOLD. A little bit of a pain but I typed it in and it was BOLD.

Received a pass today, and as I normally do when I receive passes I put the following sentence:

"The eagle has landed!!"

In the color green, bold, and in italics.

I had to jump through so many different hoops to perform that once simple task I quit the started post and am now posting it here to see if anyone is having similar issues.

I'm using WinXP Pro, and Firefox v. 1.5.0.2.

Thanks!
:thumbs:

Might be a bug between invison and firefox. Try IE and see if the same thing happens.

posting with IE

posting with IE

AWWWWW MAN ROD :(

Finally switched over from Netscape to Firefox and now I can't use this feature.
IE worked normally but I hate that browser.

Is there a quick fix you can perform for the bug between Invision and Firefox, or should I just get over it ;) :laugh:

I just tested it and it's working fine for me. Try upgrading firefox.

Heya Rod,

What version are you using?

I'm using Firefox v. 1.5.0.2., and from the HELP menu I just clicked on Check For Updates and nothing new :(

If that doesn't work, any other suggestions?

thanks! :thumbs:

Green, bold, italics

Green bold italics!

Green, bold, italics

Green bold italics!

OK, so did you have the pop up window that asked for you to type in the text as I described above?
Are you using the same ver. of FF?

thanks

No pop-up. I just highlight the text I want and pick the appropriate button on the top, either bold, italics, colour etc. It just adds the tags around the text accordingly.

See.

You should not see a pop up.

Uninstall firefox and then reinstall it.

You should not see a pop up.

Uninstall firefox and then reinstall it.

Uninstalled and reinstalled.

The color part worked as you can see above, but when I highlighted your text and hit bold, the popup came back.

This does not happen on IE or netscape.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm dealing with.

popup5ic.jpg

Any ideas on what's causing this Rod?
thanks,
Robert

Just an update:

Firefox automatically upgraded today to v1.5.0.3.
Still no change and getting the pop-up as pictured above :(

On another note...I frequent another BB online that uses Invision...worked there :blush:

That's strange. No one else is reporting such a problem. Can you try this feature on another PC that's running firefox?

That's strange. No one else is reporting such a problem. Can you try this feature on another PC that's running firefox?

Works on the laptop :) But not on the desktop still :(
Installed on my laptop here using WinXP home and the new FF 1.5.0.3.

Only difference here is XP home on laptop and XP pro on desktop.

Any clues Rod?

It has something to do with your desktop. Try scanning for spyware. Also, try unistalling firefox, rebooting, reinstall firefox. That's all I can think of.

OK, I give up. I ran adaware and 2 different spyware utilities, uninstalled and reinstalled FF and have the same issues.

If anything ever comes to mind Rod or anyone else, please post or PM.
Thanks!
Robert :thumbs: