• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Problems with CC 's and customs

I think this may have something to do with it:
The Customs Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Reauthorization Act of 2009 .

You mean this part of the bill?

"H.R. 1530, The Free Trade With Cuba Act

H.R. 1530 would lift the trade embargo on Cuba."

Edit to add this somewhat redundant part:

"H.R. 188, The Cuba Reconciliation Act

H.R. 188 would lift the trade embargo on Cuba."

I have a package that is stuck in NY, NY. I hate when this happens. I'll let everyone know what happens as this plays out. So far it's only a couple of days overdue.

Side Note That has little to do with Cigars:

In the mean time. Would the possibility of someone that has experience climbing, in mountain ranges besides the alps, be so kind as to shoot me a PM? I have some questioins how the climbing is on other mountain ranges as of late, as it has been quite a dry season and am looking to plan a trip rather soon.

Thanks,

I have a package that is stuck in NY, NY. I hate when this happens. I'll let everyone know what happens as this plays out. So far it's only a couple of days overdue.

Side Note That has little to do with Cigars:

In the mean time. Would the possibility of someone that has experience climbing, in mountain ranges besides the alps, be so kind as to shoot me a PM? I have some questioins how the climbing is on other mountain ranges as of late, as it has been quite a dry season and am looking to plan a trip rather soon.

Thanks,

Sierra Nevada is a mountain range in Mariposa County in the state of California (CA). Sierra Nevada climbs to 14,436 feet (4,400.09 meters) above sea level. Sierra Nevada is located at latitude - longitude coordinates (also called lat - long coordinates or GPS coordinates) of N 36.578546 and W -118.293424.

Anyone attempting to climb Sierra Nevada and reach the summit should look for detailed information on the Sierra Nevada area in the topographic map (topo map) and the Mount Whitney USGS quad. To hike and explore the California outdoors near Sierra Nevada, check the list of nearby trails.

Here's a link to the topo map.

* Peak Type: Range
* Latitude: 36.578546
* Longitue: -118.293424
* Peak Elevation: 14,436 feet (4,400.09 m)
* Nearest City: Swansea (13.2 miles away)

Hope that helps.

No problem from AUS.
Got a package today,no mentioning of cigars. :rolleyes:

I think this may have something to do with it:
The Customs Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Reauthorization Act of 2009 .

You mean this part of the bill?

"H.R. 1530, The Free Trade With Cuba Act

H.R. 1530 would lift the trade embargo on Cuba."

Edit to add this somewhat redundant part:

"H.R. 188, The Cuba Reconciliation Act

H.R. 188 would lift the trade embargo on Cuba."

More of the fact that they re-organized and set up a specific team for customs enforement...and gave them lots of $$$..and that went into effect in January.
It probably took a few months to get the dollars working.

Now, that's not to say the other govenments have not done there own thing.

Heck, look at the shipping of cigarette's now. I tell you, these 'elected' officials (we should have an OPEN not closed vote from now on...to weed out the jokers later :laugh:) ....these officals are just nailing the coffin on freedom.
There are already laws that say people need to be responsible for submitting purchase information...not just federal..but state. So...grab the seller's sales records and go at it. ugh...lack of common sense in the gov't...go figure.
I have an actual fear that this country will be ....ahhh, nevermind.

Hell, the healthcare bill is just another tax...on everyone but congressmen/women.

I digress...carry on.

A commercial quantity is over 100 cigars. If you have more than 100 shipped to you and CBP wants to apply the law to you, they could hold the cigars until you get someone with a commercial liscence to get them out. John

A box with some wonderful literature from Switzerland came today from a most trusted and respected shop, which I am extremely selective about, and C*&@#S was written nowhere on the package.

That's good news

A box with some wonderful literature from Switzerland came today from a most trusted and respected shop, which I am extremely selective about, and C*&@#S was written nowhere on the package.

That's good news

That indeed is nice to hear.

I received a package last week from a Swiss distributor. No problems. I love to travel and read books.

No problem from AUS.
Got a package today,no mentioning of cigars. :rolleyes:

Ditto, got 2 boxes last week with no issues.

Well customs got to me too.
A package from AUS got picked up in customs although "CIGARS" wasn't mentioning on the package.
I got charged with 75% taxes :angry:

That's a bummer. :(

I ordered some Swiss chocolates that mysteriously had "cigars" listed on the declaration sticker. They came through without problem.