• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Professional bag

Thunder1257

Hello again y'all,

Well I recently bought a much more sleek and light laptop and well as a few other mobile computing accessories. I am going to be entering the professional world here in the near future and was wondering If anyone had any suggestions as to a computer bag/ maybe briefcase that would be suitable for a professional environment. I will be interning this summer at a national government lab, that I sure will have a stricter dress code that sweatpants, which I have been wearing to work. So I will be getting some money in order to buy some professional attire ( mostly dress slacks, dress shirts, and ties; no suits) and was wondering if you had any suggestions as to a bag that would not make me look like a college student if I were dressed in professional attire. I also would take tips on good places to find professional attire. I look online but most sources seem to have a bias for their brand or are pushing $200 plus premium brand shirts. I figure working professionals would have a much better unbiased input.

thanks again

Can you give us any more information on what you are looking for? Especially the price range which you find comfortable.

As far as a laptop bag, Wenger makes a solid briefcase style bag, as well as a messenger style one. If you wanna go above that there are several mid to high end leather bags you could get, just depends on how much you're willing to spend.

MHO it depends on the work environment that you will be entering. I know that the company that I work for the laptop bags.briefcases, are usually casual the kind you would see on a college campus. I have been in other environments that you need to have a more "professional" bag, something leather like.

MHO it depends on the work environment that you will be entering. I know that the company that I work for the laptop bags.briefcases, are usually casual the kind you would see on a college campus. I have been in other environments that you need to have a more "professional" bag, something leather like.

Same here. I carry a laptop backpack to my company and it's pretty corporate.

Well my budget is not too much, maybe can swing $500-$700 at maximum to get dress attire and whats leftover a bag. I figured the bag would not be quite as important as the clothing, if at all, but I would like to get one anyways as a personal preference.