• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Progressive Insurance

JHawk

Just Another La Flor Whore
We have had it with our current insurance agent and are looking for a new company to deal with. Doing research online, it appears that Progressive has the best rates for our vehicle and homeowners policies. But I am a little leery of not having an actual agent here locally to deal with. Is that a big deal these days? For anyone who has Progressive now or in the past -- how are they for Customer Service? Thanks in advance for any input.

I have them for my cars right now for about a year now. My only experience with CS is when someone hit and run a rental I had while my car was in the shop. They took care of everything, were very easygoing and ironically lowered my annual rates the next month. I.e., in my thus far limited experience I have been happy with them.

We had them several years ago when we lived in Indiana. We had 1 claim that was a hit and run in the mall parking lot and they took good care of everything. There was a branch office in the town we lived in, so while we didn't have an agent, we had claims reps available to meet with. At that time we had auto and motorcycle insurance with them. This was over 10 years ago.

When we moved to MN, the rates were outlandish compared to just about everywhere else. I don't know if it's a MN thing (most everything is more expensive here than it should be) or what. Since we bought a house up here we bundled everything together and nobody can touch our current rates with Allstate each year when I shop around.

Thanks Alan and Phil! Does anyone else have any experience with them??

It's been about 15yrs, but I had a tree fall on my new Jeep during a big windstorm. They took care of the claim quickly. I don't know if not having a local office is a big deal or not. They may contract out with a 3rd party when you need an adjuster in which case it's probably not a big deal. I would ask them how they would handle a hypothetical claim since they don't have an office near you.

I'm about to dump them. Only because they raised their rates which would cost me about $35 more a month. Never dealt with their CS.

I had them for my truck and motorcycle. No complaints. I only switched because I wanted to consolidate and I didn't know they did homeowners at the time.

My wife and I currently have Progressive and they've been pretty good so far. We've had to file 2 claims, the last being a drunk driver who hit my parked truck and kept going at 7am on a Sunday morning! The CS has been really good, ihmo.