• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Prometheus Customer Service?

Ludwig

~Puros Mas Finos~
Okay I have a Prometheus KKP cutter that I havent used in about a year because its dull now. I emailed the customer service mailbox asking them if it can be sharpened, figured it probally can, paid about $70 for it before I knew of the Palio and Xikar.

I still have not gotten any response from them.

The cutter I have is below:

http://www.prometheuskkp.com/products/cutters/cutter-kkp.htm

Any suggestions?

I have a Palio and its what I use, but it sure would be nice to be able to use the Prometheus as a backup

All I can say is I'm now in the same shoes. I'm trying to return a product I just purchased. Hopefully they come through on both our ends

I have nothing good to say about Prometheus customer service. You can call but all you will get is various computer menus and you wont be able to speak to anyone. You can try e-mailing them but that will also fall on deaf ears. I sent one of my lighters in to be repaired because the tank was leaking, it took them 3 months to fix it and get it back to me. IMO they can blow me.

I have only heard bad things about prometheus. One story involves a guys lighter blowing up on him while trying to use it (he didnt et hurt), and them not even offering a replacement.

I talked to them once and got blown off. I went back to the vendor, and got treated like a king.

One of the local B&Ms has their lighters and has nothing good to say about the company or the lighters. It came up when we mentioned the God of Fire cigars. He said that a couple of his regulars were asking about them and that if we could get enough interest together he would make an order, but that he hated to deal with that company. Dealing with Prometheus is the only reason that he doesn't normally stock those cigars it turns out. He said he'd sell the lighters if someone really wanted them (he had a good selection), but that the company blows and he'd rather not do any more business with them. He was only willing to order the GOFs because several of his good customers were wanting to try them. I've never heard him say anything bad a company, so they must have really given him some hard times for him to be so adamant.

D

I have nothing but great experiences with Prometheous. We carry a full line of their lighters, cutters, cases and humidors. The humidors are top notch and so far nobody has returned any lighters. We also order a ton of God of Fire, DCA, Opus 22, and Journey sets that our customers really appreciate. The company has treated us great so far.

Stinki

I have nothing but great experiences with Prometheous. We carry a full line of their lighters, cutters, cases and humidors. The humidors are top notch and so far nobody has returned any lighters. We also order a ton of God of Fire, DCA, Opus 22, and Journey sets that our customers really appreciate. The company has treated us great so far.

Stinki

Care to help me send back this cutter to get it taken care of? As it seems like any contact I will have with them is going to fall on deaf ears

Well I finally did get a response to my question....not the one I was looking for.

I sent a response asking them to consider replacing it. Understand they are not obligated to do so

Dear Andrew,

Sorry, but we will not be able to help you with your cutter. We do not have any equipment to sharpen the cutter.

Best regards,

Customer Service Department
Prometheus International Inc.
6231 Bandini Blvd.
Commerce, CA 90040-3113
Tel) 323-869-9200
Fax) 323-869-9288
E-mail) prometheus@prometheuskkp.com
http://www.prometheuskkp.com

For the Prometheus Limited Warranty on the Prometheus Lighters, please visit the below section of our web site.

http://www.prometheuskkp.com/menu/lighter_warranty_menu.htm
>>> "Andrew W. Harrison" Hello,

I have a Prometheus KKP cutter, and love the thing to death, however it is extremely dull now, and crushes my dear cigars when I cut them.

I would hate to think that a $70 dollar cutter can’t be sharpened? Can you guys take care of this?

Thanks,
-Andrew

Stinki

Care to help me send back this cutter to get it taken care of? As it seems like any contact I will have with them is going to fall on deaf ears
No, but I'll sell you a Xicar with a lifetime warranty! They can and will resharpen your cutter.