• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Proper ratio for a cigar humidor

Raulh

The reading on my humidor is 70% humidity and temp is at 75. Is that something to be concerned about? If so How would I get the temp to drop?

You could try moving you humidor to a cooler location to get the temp to drop.

Depends on the cigars, I prefer how alot of my cigars smoke at around 65% humidity (70% feels almost too humid on alot of my cigars). Sconded on moving to a cooler location for lower temps.

Are you using a digital hygrometer to monitor your humidity? Those analog ones are crap, and don't show accurate readings.
Have you calibrated your hygrometer to make sure it's accurate?

What are you using for humidification?

I like to keep my stuff at 65-68 RH. I don't have a humidor that cools, so I'm at the mercy of whatever my house temp is (in the summer about 76, in the winter about 70). I haven't had any problems with my system.

Just keep an eye on your sticks, occasionally I do find a spot or 2 of mold on a random cigar. In those very rare instances I just wipe the mold off and wither put it back or make that the cigar I'm going to smoke at the time.

Last edited:
I'm using a digital hydrometer, and I'm using the bodeva 69% packs. My humidor is at about 90% full. Could that be the issue? Anyways. I appreciate all the comments so far. Humidity has not gone past 70. Its the temperature that concerns me.

I would either cool the room the humidor is in, or as others have said move the humidor to a cooler room. Small fans may help, but that depends on the size of your humidor and in a hot room really won’t matter. Hopefully your humidor is away from sunlight. The amount of cigars shouldn’t be of much concern as they don’t generate heat, but they could retain heat once heated. The solution is : Decrease the ambient temperature. One way or the other.