• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Proper way to quarantine a shipment?

OldSkool

Hey guys, it's my first post here...so go easy on me, OK? :)

After reading good reviews about TNT cigars, I decided to snag a box of Hoyo Excalibur #1, my favorite tailgating smoke. I'm a long time 'GarHead but this is my first mailorder buy.

I have room in my tabletop humidor but I'm wondering if I should separate them from my other sticks or store them in a different location for awhile to watch for beetles.

Any advice? What do YOU guys do? :cool:

Cheers,
JC

Welcome to the boards, you might introduce yourself here
introduce yourself here
As far as your question goes, if you feel they need to be observed, put them in a tupperware container with some humidification. Summer is never a good time for cigars to be in transit. Heat is a killer.

I have never had a problem with cigars from TNT and I have ordered about a dozen boxes from them. If you still want to seperate them stick them in a tupperware with a damp sponge. Or you could freeze them. I haven't personally frozen cigars, so I can't recommend a process but if you search you can find one.

As far as your question goes, if you feel they need to be observed, put them in a tupperware container with some humidification. Summer is never a good time for cigars to be in transit. Heat is a killer.

[ot]
I have heard from some that they are not good for various reasons but the main reason is TNT sends dry cigars.
Can you confirm this?
I already know what your reply will be since you have grabbed a dozen or so boxes from TNT. ;) :D

[back on topic]
Welcome to the boards!

I agree,if you feel it is needed,just place them in a tupaware.I use lock-n-lock boxes,they have 4 sided clips and a silicone seal for air tight seals,although I leave them unlocked for some air circulation.

I have heard no reports of beetles from TNT Cigars but I have no experiance with them.They do have great Padron 2000 prices! :thumbs:

Thanks to all who replied...I really appreciate the advice!

After just getting back into cigars after a 8-year hiatus, it's nice to find a friendly forum. I think I'll hang out awhile... :cool:

Cheers,
JC

[ot]
I have heard from some that they are not good for various reasons but the main reason is TNT sends dry cigars.
Can you confirm this?
I already know what your reply will be since you have grabbed a dozen or so boxes from TNT. ;) :D

[back on topic]
Welcome to the boards!

I agree,if you feel it is needed,just place them in a tupaware.I use lock-n-lock boxes,they have 4 sided clips and a silicone seal for air tight seals,although I leave them unlocked for some air circulation.

I have heard no reports of beetles from TNT Cigars but I have no experiance with them.They do have great Padron 2000 prices! :thumbs:

With the exception of two or three boxes I purchased from TNT all of them came with humidipaks in the boxes (most were AF which ships all boxes with them). I typically leave all boxes I buy sit for at least two weeks prior to smoking anyways, so I can't really say if they were dry when I recieved them or not.