• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PSD4 03 Review

Flatsix

Partagas Series D #4 2003
50 Ring Gauge,
4.8"

I bought a couple of boxes of these years ago, smoked a few and put them in the bottom of my humidor. I was going through the humdidor yesterday and grabbed one to smoke.

Light: Initial light was strong and the smoke was intense, I could feel the strength immediately.
Burn: Absolutely perfect
Overall construction: Put together well. Nice wrapper, typical end treatment.
Taste: Woody/Spice
Draw: Perfect

When I first picked up these PSD4's they were young and were in what I've seen described as their "sick" phase. Don't get me wrong they were a great smoke just that they we were a little harsh, a litte bitter and overpowering. It's years later and with time they've become a great cigar.

The burn and draw were perfect. the flavors intense but silky and smooth. The wood and spice come through together. The smell and taste work together to intensify the experience. The flavor never changed once the cigar got past the first couple of draws, it was great and stayed great. I didn't have to correct the burn, it burned evenly down all sides. It didn't ever burn hot or get sour all the way to the band. I kept checking to see how much was left, I didn't want it to be gone. I finally took off the band and nubbed it!

Dang, having a box of those from 2003 must be a nice feeling! Great review, Greg gifted me my first PSD4 and it was exceptional, I'd love to get a few more or even a box.