• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Dbl Maduro Rothschild

Dice

Grow a set and stop being so paranoid!
Punch Original: Dbl Maduro Rothschild

Size: 4.50 x 50

Wrapper:Ecuador Sumatran
Binder:Connecticut
Filler:DR/HON/NIC

Keeping in mind that I am still a relative newbie,this is without a doubt my favorite cigar! I got turned on to the Punch Dbl Maduro when I first started hanging out at the table at JR's in Paramus. Since that time my humi has never been without them!

The wrapper is a gorgeous dark brown/black and very oily,it has "delicious" written all over it. It's silky smooth, with no construction flaws whatsoever.Perfectly packed and inviting.

The ash is firm, light gray in color and averages 1 inch plus in length before I tap it off.The burn is perfect with no need for a relight.The draw is smooth,cool and perfect every time with loads of aromatic smoke.

But the taste.....Is amazing! The 1st half of the cigar is smooth as silk on the palate with a nice blend of creamy rich coffee and a faint mild sweetness that you feel on the back and rear sides of the tongue.Around the halfway point the tip of the tongue begins to get a little tickle of spice that lets you know better things are about to commence. The last half of the cigar is when the spice begins to kick in. A nice peppery flavor begins to coat your tongue in just the right increments of flavor. As the spice begins to grow, so do the oils on the wrapper and you start to dread the fact that the end is near. The finish is long,pleasant and refreshing. This stick lasts roughly 1 hour.

To me, these cigars are like putting on my favorite pair of comfortable jeans and sneakers. The cigar just feels right in my hand,like it was meant to be. A perfect match! I know that the rating system here uses a 100 point criteria, but that's not enough! I rate this cigar a 125! It exceeds all the criteria and there should be another addition made, that being consistency! I have smoked well over 100 of these and have not been disappointed in a single one!

I know some will say that buying the Consuegra #9 is the same and cheaper. While I'll agree about them being cheaper, they are far from the same. Nothing against the Connie 9, I have 4 bundles aging in one of my humi's right now and they ARE my everyday smoke, But the Punch is something special. I buy them online and they end up costing me about $2.25 a stick compared to the $1.20 a stick for the Connies. At $2.25 online or even the $4.25 buying them in a store, it's hard to beat the perfection of the Punch Dbl Maduro Rathschild IMHO.

Thanks for the nice review Dice!

Never expereinced one of these, but will have to pick one up next time I'm at my local B&M.
And thanks for not going the way of the mysterious acronyms - you know the I just love "PDMRs"

Nice review for one of my long time favorites. Punch cigars alwasy have a spot in my humis, particularly the Double maduro rothschilds, Rare Corojos, and Punch Bolo's. Can't beat the quality of Punch cigars for the price.

Edited for grammar.

Smoked more of these than any other cigar. Was all I could really afford at the time. But I do like Punch and the Double Maduro fit the bill for my stronger smokes. Buts its been awhile since I've had one so I may just have to change that.

My wife got me the Punch DMR's for christmas a couple years ago, and I've been hooked on the Punch line ever since. I got a few of the DMR's resting in the humi right now....I'll have to pull one out tonight.

Nice review :thumbs:

I think 125 might be too much :D but I always have some in the humidor and they are pretty cheap, by the box (50) of course. Have some with yellow cello that have to be more than 5 years old, just haven't had one lately, but will try one again soon.

Thanks guys! Just got finished nubbing one. Got the ash to a length of 3.75" before it fell off. As you can tell,it's a boring day here in NJ! ;)