• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Gran Puro

txmatt

El Cheapo smoker
WOW

Scores
Appearance - 93
Construction - 80
Burn - 75
Draw - 90
Flavor - 95
Value - 96
Overall - 93

Alrighty folks I am going to have to smoke this baby side by side with my ole' favorite AF DC Robusto because I might have a new fav.

Let me get to the bad. This cigar had an empty area on one side that caused it to burn unevenly frequently, and affected the flavor briefly. I have smoked enough other Punch cigars to discard this as a rare defect that all manufacturers have. This baby should have been in a lucky buyer's el credito bundle. Had this flaw not been there The construction and burn scores would have been in the 90s with the others.

This true puro has a beautiful oily wrapper and looking at the butt end you can tell it has quite a varied blend. It clipped well, drew wonderfully, great ash (3"). I can't spend the usual length of time describing the physical because the taste is what this smoke was all about.

I smoked the cigar 1/2 and hour ago and I am still loving the flavor in my mouth. How to describe the flavor though. Think of a caramel vanilla mocha capacino and that gives you a ballpark.

I pestered Aaron (hunsolo on here) to split a box with me hopefully he likes them as much as I do or I will have to figure out a way to order them without my wife seeing the CC statement. :D

Highly Reccomended!
Matt

txmatt said:
I love these too! Great smoke for the price too. I'm growing fond of these fatter Robustos. 4.75" - 5.5" and 50+ Ring gauge is what I favor.

Nice taste to the Gran Puro.

Good review. And yeah, that 'void' was rare.

M. Gipson

intresting review just orderd a box of 25 Rancho. Always looking for good cigars when ur a newb :thumbs: thanks.

StonyVision said:
intresting review just orderd a box of 25 Rancho. Always looking for good cigars when ur a newb :thumbs: thanks.
Are you a newb to cigars? You may want to eat before smoking one of them.

Please let us know what you think!
Matt