• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Rare Corojo

PSTAN

I have received and purchased from this line of Punch. I finally tried one of them last night. It had a little wrapper damage but I did not feel any soft spots on the cigar and a prelight draw was firm. Upon first lighting it burned uneven, touched it up and had an even burn for over half of it. The taste of this one was too woody for me even with the hint of spice. Strenght wise I felt it belonged in the area between mild and medium. Will I smoke another one, yes, but I will not buy another one it what I have left doesn't seem any better.

Did I miss this "tasting" or am I in the ballpark?

PSTAN --

I purchased about a dozen of these awhile back. Overall, I think you're right, they are mild-medium sticks. Its been quite a while since I've smoked one, so I can't recall the specifics of the flavor profile, but I recall it being one of the better Punch cigars I've had. I've never been a real fan of Punch. Of the 5-6 I've smoked, I haven't had any draw issues, but I did notice that the wrappers do tend to be fragile. I think they may be a little better generally than that first one you had -- I found them to be decent smokes for the $3.50 I paid.

Mojo

The Rothschild used to be my go to smoke way back when. They smoke best dry.

I'm a big fan of Punch, and the Rare Corojo is one of my favorites. You can send the rest to me if you don't want them... :whistling:

Yeah yeah, I know. Shameless mooch :p Can't blame a guy for trying!

Eric

All money aside, as I posted in the HG thread, I rate three of the following corojos as follows:
1Trilogy
2Punch
3Camacho

And I like that woody, pungent profile.

I have had some slightly woody cigars in the past but nothing like this. It was a dry woody somewhat spicey flavor. The wood flavor seemed just a little too much since I have never had one of these cigars before. Luckly, I have another to try just incase the tasters are still suffering from the sinus muck and that affected it.