• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Rare Corojo

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
This was suggested to me by a very polite salesman at a store in San Antonio, TX as the best cigar he offered for less than $4 each. I smoked this cigar outside at the peak of the day's heat. There was a nice breeze, so it was not a problem, especially since I have been in Texas for over six years now!

This cigar was smooth, giving me a pleasant feeling and taste afterward. There was a stiff pop at the ignition in the flavor that made me wonder if this was, in fact, a very mature cigar with some real spice to it. Not to worry, as I wanted something flavorful but mild. I received it with this cigar. The ash was white as snow and held its' structure well.

The most significant con to this cigar was the fact that was almost a bully in size and thus, was shorter and did not provide as much smoking enjoyment as I would have liked. I am not sure if Punch offers a longer cigar in this vein.

I would smoke a Punch Rare Corojo again.

These are offered in three sizes: Rothchild, Pita(toro), and Double Corona. The prices on these are about the same as the regular Punch line of the same size.

I really enjoy the Punch RC Roths. I've also tried the Pita and found it to be the same profile as the Roth, just longer. So if you want that flavor, but just want it to last a bit longer, the Pita is your choice.

My bro, LD was over last night. We went to Sir Elliotts (my local shop) to pick up some 50/50 for his new humi, and ended up crashin a nice party there. They were tasting the Cuesta Rey and the LaUnica. We each got a free LaUnica torp and then we each bought a Punch RC Roth out of the Humi.

The LaUnica was absolutely wonderful (cammy) and then we moved on to the RC. We each used a punch on the Punch :D of a 38 cal. bullet. Prelight draw was smooth and effortless. Prelight nose was spicey and shmacked of sweet pure tobac. The construction was of course impeckable. Slightly box pressed with a dark smooth and oily wrapper.

Toasted the foot and took in the smell of fine Corojo then put the torch to work on the whole foot. Took a few light puffs to clear the butane then set in to smoke it. This cigar is loaded with marvoluos flavors of spice and pepper with a hint of citrus peel. Each draw was much like the last but at about 1/3 down, as if the roller did not want Boredom equated with the RC, it punched up the pepper a little and dropped the citrus. Add to that remainder a hint of pecan and there you have it to the Nubb.

The burn was straight and true to about 3/4 (which on a roth is about done) and then it went off on one side. I would give this one a 8.5 loosing points only because it was too darn short, and the burn took off at the end and burned my dang finger. :D

All in all, I will smoke these whenever I find them.

For those Accounting types in our group, these were sold singly for $3.30 which I will consider a bargain for a smoke this good.

Me too Emo, that was actually my first ever LaUnica, and It will rank toward the top of my list of "Best I ever had" sticks. LD referred to it during the smoke by saying, "you could build a bridge with that ash". I finally knocked it off when the ash was almost 3" long. It was a beautiful presentation. And the flavour of that Camaroon.......Mmmmmmm

I have had better, but for me, this is thee most satisfying cigar I can pick up everyday with out breaking the bank. Love these babies.

Emo

in addition to PB's post, would like to add that
the burn on my punch rc was perfect and round
to the nub.

my only regret is that i only bought one :(

deeeeeeeeeelish!!!! :D

OK Bro, I reviewd the Rare Corojo, you do the La Unica Torpedo Numero Uno. As we seem to have equally enjoyed them both, you may speak for us. But do it in a new thread under this section, since this thread was about the Punch RC :thumbs:

I smoke my first Punch Rare Corojo this afternoon. I concur with the original review... I am surprised at how good the Punch brand of cigars are overall. I think that I still like the Maduros better, but this was an enjoyable smoke.

Sam J.