• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Rare Corojo

muddstick

Brazilia Whore
I came outside a little bit ago with my laptop, a glass of Pyrat rum and a Punch Rare Corojo. I have had this in my humi for a while and keep bypassing it because I was not expecting much. I am pleasently surprised. Although it is a little more mild than I usually prefer. This is an excellent smoke. Very smooth with lots of wood flavor. I may actually pick up a few more of these for a morning coffee smoke.

aren't these things pricey?

Saw these packaged in individual boxes...they looked pricey.

They seem to be quite large in ring size.
Didn't bother to ask the cigar shop worker.

muddstick...are they worth the price?

chewbacco said:
aren't these things pricey?

Saw these packaged in individual boxes...they looked pricey.

They seem to be quite large in ring size.
Didn't bother to ask the cigar shop worker.

muddstick...are they worth the price?
[snapback]295591[/snapback]​

I think I picked these up for about $4 a piece. I am a little foggy as it was a while ago but I dont think they were too much.

I've never been able to find any of these at my local shop. I might have to try to locate a few and see if I like them. I'm always up to trying a smoke I've never had before!

Picked up two at my local B&M to try because I heard some good things, they were $5.60 each.

I was gifted one by Hillbillsteaks, and I think I will definately pick myself up a couple if the chance arises! :thumbs:

Chewbacco, This is one of my favorite smokes. I actually had the pleasure of smoking an original from 01. The "pricy" ones that you are referring to are most likely the El Doble that come in their own coffin. IMHO, the rothschild are the best size!!! a box of 50 rothschilds are about 120. all the othe sizes can be had for less than 100 a box. IMO these cigars are definately worth the price!

I was turned on to the Rothschild by a great friend and found that the longer they age the better they get. It's hard to beat the taste/price. I think I may have paid like $3.75 a piece for 'em. The only complaint I have is once in awhile I get one that has a draw like sucking air through a giant straw. Still... worth the effort IMHO. Toss them in the humidor for at least 3-6 months. :D

okay...I saw the one that tjm5019 mentioned, the "El Doble".

I've got to try the Rothschild size.

$4 ~ $6 sounds reasonable.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the review. I love Punch, but haven't tried the Rare Corojo line yet. I've got one sitting in the humi which I only picked up a couple weeks ago. After reading this, I think I'll let it sit for a while longer before giving in. (I'll just have to pick up some Punch Magnums to keep me occupied in the meantime.)

The Rare Corojo is the only Punch I actually enjoy smoking. I have never kept one longer that a week or two, next time I will have to try aging a few of them.

Nick

Rare Corojos have been one of my favorite cigars since I began smoking them. Let them sit for about 3-6 months and they are even better yet.