• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Rothschild Maduro Maduro (aka Double Maduro)

SamGuss

First of all thank you to those who have made myself feel welcome to the website.

Of all of the boards I am finding this one to be of interest for a couple reasons. First I am getting some great heads up on select cigars and secondly I am learning more about them and how to review them.

A recent cigar I had last night was the Punch Rothschild double Maduro and all I can say is - wow. At a local cigar shop I got mine for $3.35 and must say it had the most bang for a smoke I have had in awhile. Though the CAO Brazilla is more of a favorite than the Punch here, at 30-50% savings over the Brazilla is a viable option when in the mood for a strong tastyful cigar when cash is tight or one wants several sticks for a lower price (I shall be returning to pick up more of these in the future for sure).

A strong flavor with nuts and herbs (at least to my untrained pallete) this Punch carried a lot of bang for the buck and was a great after dinner smoke.

Sam

Sam, if you like the Punch and want to save a little more money, JR's sells Consuegras which are seconds from the Villizon plant that makes Punch. The #9 maduro Consuegra is a second of either the Punch Rothchild or the Hoya de Monterey Rothchild. Great bang for the buck! I always keep several bundles of the #9 in my humidors. :thumbs:

I agree, Shadow!

I have a bundle aging myself!! ;)

*adds another reason to his list, gives him a chance to get the insights on some good deals*

Will definately keep my eye out for them - thanks!

Sam

The Hoyo De Monterrey Rothchild Maduro and Maduro Maduro are very similar to the Punch. IMHO the HDM's are a little better. Might want to try a few. Also reasonably priced. :)

Sam, first let me say, Welcome to CP (if I haven't sayd it already ;) )

Second, that was a great short review of one I have yet to try. Now I know without a doubt what I will be getting on my next trip to my local WIH.

Thanks brother

Connie #9's :love: :love: :love: Just age them 6 months, if ya can :p