• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Purchasing Awards?

StinkiMonki

Cimb in the back with your head in the clouds and
We have had several discussion when Cigar Aficianado has rated a historically average cigar with high ratings. This certainly doesn't mean the cigar didn't deserve the rating, but it always seems to cause a few to raise their eyebrows.

I read this article yesterday in the LA Times about a fake restaurant winning an award from Wine Spectator, a magazine also put out by Marvin.

Worth a ready and a ponder.

LA TIMES ARTICLE

Stinki

According to the article, if you submit a request for the award (along with $250) you are 93% assured of getting the award. And if you spend handsome amounts on advertising in CA you will get handsome ratings.

CA has always elevated questionable cigars (dog rockets) and unfotunately with out any other cigar publication with the exception of Smoke magazine which I do not particularly care for, they will continue to do so. Their articles and photography are great (CA) the reviews however I guess are a matter of taste to the reviewer, and the amount of money you line their pockets with. In closing not surprising but disappointing none the less, nice work oh Stinki one. :thumbs: