• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Puros Indios 'Special-Aged' Piramides

Rafiki

I am a Cbid junkie.........pray for me as I am always lookig to "score" a honkin' good deal. I tried some of this line 6 or 7 years ago and they were crap. Ended up making an organic insecticide out of them for my tomato plants. First the official sales pitch.

This is a beauty. I’m drooling just thinking about it. The limited-edition Puros Indios "Special-Aged" Piramide is quite simply a marvelous premium smoke, one you won’t soon forget. Handmade with Cuban-seed fillers, including a daring blend of Brazilian, Dominican and Jamaican leaves, and topped off by an alluring Ecuadorian wrapper. What separates this cigar from the regular Puros Indios is extensive aging (hence the name!). Rolled in 1998, the "Special-Aged" Piramides are mellowed by time - the additional years of aging has a taming effect on the otherwise full and aromatic taste. These exquisite, thick-ring gauge pyramid-shaped cigars offer superior complexity and a real burst of flavor. Available in "mazos" of 6.

Truth: Actually closer to a 70 ring gauge on the foot. Good looking blemish free wrapper and a mild pleasant aroma. The construction is soft and made me hesitate, but there was a mug of thick strong coffee that need a buddy this morning so I dove in. I clipped it off to about a 32-33 opening and checked the prelight draw. Very easy (more misgivings) the taste was something like a light hay taste, alfalfa like. I toasted the foot and started away. Buckets of thick smoke followed. A rich, slightly strong leather was the first third and then it settled into hints of wood and mild leather. Burned much cooler than I anticipated with a perfect burn and the ash hung on until I tapped it off at close to half of the 'gar. I had less than $2.00 each in these and am happy with the "bang for the buck" factor. An excellent yard 'gar or to make the wife and kids vacate area.

Puros+Indios.jpg

I'm surprised that after you first experience you went back for seconds. Glad to see it worked out the second time around.