• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Puter help

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
I just got back home from our T-day holiday.... open my Explorer browser and this page came up - Cannot Display....

Well, maybe not exactly that page but yall know which page I'm talking about. I've tried to reload Explorer 6 but it doesn't seem to correct anything. If I open Explorer it brings up a Cannot display page. My Netscape browser works with no problems.

Suggestions? Wierd that I was using it Tuesday evening before leaving town and today it won't display anything but that "Cannot display page". Any help is appreciated.

Prob best to send it to PM. Thanks in advance, Kenny

Might be the dreaded, "Birthday" virus.

Buwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ahem.

PM sent.

NA

If it's just in explorer, than it sounds like your connection settings are incorrect. The quickest way to resolve this is to call your ISP and they will tell you what the settings need to be.

Thanks guys, I ended up doing a system restore to Tuesday when I knew it was working and presto...... Explorer is running again. I don't like not knowing what the actual problem was in case it happens again.

Thanks to all who responded here and by PM.

you know what's cool?

having a major error that makes your harddrive spit out bad partitions.
then restarting your computer, and it says that it cannot restart.

then having to reformat your harddrive and then reinstalling everything, losing all your work and papers and everything.

cool, no?

It sounds like DNS (the part of the internet the equates an IP address with the site) got messed up. Easy to fix. If you're running Windows 9x or ME just go to START - RUN and type WINIPCFG. Click on the RELEASE button then click on the RENEW button. If you have Windows 2000/XP you need to go out to a command prompt and type IPCONFIG/RELEASE then type IPCONFIG/RENEW.

One other thing is to check that your IE settings didn't change. In IE, click TOOLS-INTERNET OPTIONS- CONNECTIONS - LAN SETTINGS. Make sure you don't have anything in the proxy settings.

If that doesn't do it then it's time to look elsewhere. ???