• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Putting labels on...

cigah_smoka

Proud Padron slut!!
I just made some labels for my non-banded ISOM's. I also have the original bands that i got with an order. I was wondering if any of you had suggestions on what to use to stick the bands together, without damaging the cigar's taste. I'm open to any ideas.

I just use a glue stick when rebanding my unbanded cigars

Not sure if pectin would work or not. Good for loose/damaged wrappers.
May someone else will know better.
Hey whatever you do - NO STAPLES - :p

Bud

A tiny piece of scotch tape or some pectin - just be careful if you use the pectin to make sure you don't glue the band to the cigar.

Or print your bands on label paper instead of regular paper, and just peel a tiny bit of the backing away.

Pectin or get a Post-it stick(like a glue stick) to apply the label.

Toaster said:
What is PECTIN? ???
It's a sticky substance used in jellies and jams. You can get it in the gelatin section of the grocery store.

It is odorless, tasteless, and dries completely - you can use it to repair wrappers on cigars (which is how I know it'll be safe for bands).

You can buy it pre-mixed (liquid) or powder. If you want life to be easy, buy the pre-mixed.

If you use it to repair a torn wrapper, let it try a few hours before smoking.

Cool! I have to see if I can find that stuff... I guess its actually labelled PECTIN? next to or near JELLO for example?

Toaster said:
Cool! I have to see if I can find that stuff... I guess its actually labelled PECTIN? next to or near JELLO for example?
Yeah. It'll be in the jello area or the area where they sell those mason jars for canning. The brand I get (read: got, because one package will last you AND all the people you know forever) is called Cetro (I think - I'll check when I get home)