• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Puyana and other Colombians

iota

Hey all,

I was down in Bogota over Christmas break and one of my favorite B&Ms and picked up some Puyanas. Since I'm a Monte fan and they have those on the shelf, I normally wouldn't grab anything anything else, but I thought what the hell, I'd give it a go. Flavor wasn't too bad, but it was a lot milder than I usually like and it was a bit spongy. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on other Colombian locals that might be worth trying out?

Mike.

They were 3 for 30,000 COP in the shop (about $5/ea) - For me, there are much more satisfying five dollar smokes. So I probably won't go back to this one.
756662088_wZWyY-L-1.jpg

But I didn't forget to get a couple of treats, either.
756801693_njVRP-L-1.jpg

Where in Bogota.. I will be there shortly, have been in Colombia for the past two weeks....

Where in Bogota.. I will be there shortly, have been in Colombia for the past two weeks....

In the north area. This B&M was on Calle 13, but there are some other good shops around. I have an apartment in the south area (near Kennedy) and there's definitely nothing there. I haven't found anything good in the center area (near Bolivar) either.

What part of Colombia have you been in?

Mike.

I've been in Medellin and the surrounding area.. My wifes family live there... Its my first time here, and the lights along the river are amazing..

I've been in Medellin and the surrounding area.. My wifes family live there... Its my first time here, and the lights along the river are amazing..

Ah, nice. My wife's from Bogota. I haven't been to Medellin. Though I mentioned once to my wife that I heard that the hottest women came from there, so I'm pretty sure she's been avoiding vacations there. Ha!

We go to Categena every couple years though. I really enjoy the fishing out there.

If you've never been to Bogota, check out Monserrate (cool history and a great view of the city) and for a nice place to hang out with the wife at night, go to Candelaria near el centro - lot's of great views and places for drinks. Ignore anyone that tells you that you have to visit the salt cathedral. It's not really that exciting. It's basically a salt mine with some crosses in there.

Mike.

Ah, nice. My wife's from Bogota. I haven't been to Medellin. Though I mentioned once to my wife that I heard that the hottest women came from there, so I'm pretty sure she's been avoiding vacations there. Ha!

My vote would have to be Barranquilla. When Shakira is your second hottest major export (behind Sofia Vergara), that says a lot. Sweet avatar, by the way.