• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quai D'Orsay No. 50 Cigar Review

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I asked Javier from @Granvega Cigars to put together a sampler pack, and he included the Quai D'Orsay No. 50. As you can see, it's a smaller cigar. Not having had many Quai D'Orsay's before, I thought this would be a good cigar to try. I am quite impressed by the overall construction, flavor profile and burn quality.

Finally a nice day with a good breeze... I fired the cigar up and it immediately lit with much ease. The foot lit fast and evenly. The first few puffs were what I would describe as toasty. A medium-light cigar; not strong, yet it kindly lets you know it's there. The cigar quickly opened up with continued toast and began to offer some hints of vanilla and very mild berry flavor. It finished with a really nice toasty vanilla cupcake flavor. May sound strange, but while this cigar was overall mild, it was quite pleasant and enjoyable to smoke. Definitely something I'm going to have to keep on hand, as I really enjoyed it. Pretty nice how the aftertaste is reminiscent of a good quality vanilla cupcake with mild bits of berry.

About a 35 or so minute smoke. A quick burner with a dessert profile.

Truly an excellent medium-mild cigar, great for anytime of day with a unique and friendly flavor profile.

Cigar: https://granvegacigars.com/product/quai-dorsay-no-50-2/

Pictures

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

IMG_9634.JPG

IMG_9635.JPG

Last edited:
I would grab 10-boxes of these whenever the LCdH in The Hague would get them in. Boxes never lasted long in the shop, or in my house! Like most CCs, they really reward you if you have the patience to forget the box is in your humidor for a few years. I very much agree that even though these aren't the profile I normally would smoke, there was something about them that kept me coming back.

Great review!

35 minutes to smoke it, tells me you are a fast smoker. That size usually takes me about an hour.

QDO is one I will buy any time I can!

Nice review!

Last edited: