• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quarter Horse Racing Hunch Plays

ALostTexan

The Travelin' Cigar Man
Today and tomorrow are huge days up in sleepy Ruidoso, New Mexico, as today is the $480,000+ Rainbow Derby and tomorrow is the $650,000 Rainbow Futurity. I am a big horse racing guy (actually making a career out of it now) and can't help but have my hunch plays for the two races.

In today's race for 3YO's, my pick is TIME FOR A CIGAR, the morning-line favorite for the race and who is coming off of 4 straight wins, including the Ruidoso Derby the first weekend of June. Looks strong in this race, and I will probably try to live up to his name during the race.

In tomorrow's race for 2YO's, my pick is CONSPICUOUS CIGAR, who is longshot in the race, but still has a great name for a cigar guy, and if not I still am huge on a filly named LOVE SAMBA, and as a CAO Brazilia fan I am also a fan of this gal.

And just for grins, there is also a horse racing in the $1 million Meadowlands Pace (harness racing) tonight that I should throw in called VINTAGE MASTER. In my opinion, though, there is no way in hell that this horse hits the board, but if TIME FOR A CIGAR wins I just might have to throw a little at VINTAGE MASTER and WELL SAID in the race tonight.

Love when I can get cigars even more into horse racing, my two real passions in life...

Time for a Cigar came in 2nd. The winner wasn't losing to anyone today.

Won't have to worry about him anymore, unless you want to send a mare his way for the cost of $5,000 to breed to him.