• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

quest for the perfect frozen drink blender

davew0670

I've gone through quite a few blenders over the years in trying to find the perfect consistency for a frozen drink like you can get in restaurants. An original island oasis for $2500 just wasnt justifiable. So, I was walking through a store and saw the margaritaville bahamas frozen concoction maker. The price was only $199 so I figured the machine was probably just junk and I would be bringing it back the next day. I was wrong! This machine makes a perfect drink and I couldnt be happier. This makes perfect drinks and is so easy to use. Just add whatever ingrediants to the pitcher, add the ice to the top, push the button and watch this thing do the work.

http://www.margaritavillecargo.com/Product.aspx?pid=4888

There are 3 different models to choose from. I purchased the cheapest unit because I couldnt really see much a difference between the 3.

by the way, Im in no way affiliated with jimmy buffett inc :laugh:

Magic Bullet!!! Try it. Buy it from Walmart, try it out, get a refund if you don't like it.

This is mine!!!

Is such an incredibly strong blender, that it will actually boil water if left on long enough! (they demoed making soup with it) :thumbs:

Crushes ice practically instantly! It's the same machine used at Dunkin' Donuts/31 Flavors for making their "Blast" drinks.

All ultra high quality blenders can do the soup heating task. It's a sales gimmick though. Heating the water by blade friction is a very inefficient use of the machine and constant use of the blender in that manner will wear down its motor quick. The reason being is those high quality machines have mega motors designed to completely break down ice and food objects quick - and the motors heat up commensurately quickly. They just can't take that kinda prolonged heat without sustaining additional wear and tear. The manufacturers always suggest adding preheated water when blending up soup. But it looks cool during a sales pitch, 'cause it takes just as long to make as the sales pitch generally lasts and hot soup is magically served afterwards as a curtain call to the sales pitch.

Now, one might think to themselves, "But that's what they use in commercial smoothie shops", and they'd be right. But if you notice, they're only used for the amount of time it takes to whip up a smoothie and then the machine rests for a bit before mixing up the next one. Most high traffic shops have a few machines and are able to rotate the blenders used. Admittedly, they only get a short rest break, but it's enough time to allow their motors to cool down.

I really dig the Vita-Mix range of products and the 5200 series is an improvement over its past products. The company is constantly improving their products and is known for great customer service. Unfortunately, they are also known for pricey accessories, but then again, all of the high end blender manufacturers are known for their expensive adjuncts. The most common accessory needed for the Vita-Mix is a dry blade mixer container. Its blades are angled differently than the wet blade mixer for the different performance needs in blending dry goods. Some packages add the dry blade container into a complete set.

If you're really of a mind to be both impressed by a blender and disgusted by an astronomical price, take a gander at the Blendtec 20Amp Smoother. It beats out all other blenders in performance specs and professional reviews. But it's hella expensive! I can only say it works great. :whistling: