• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about beetles

jepe

Just wondering,do the eggs\beetles come with the cigars I buy or they (the beetles) can come to the cigars from the outside ?

I had a few boxes before I got a wine-cooler that were stored in a cooler,the temp was very high,it was 8-10 months period.
I checked them and they dont have holes or anything,just wonder if the beetles can crawl into the cigars or the cigars are rolled with them?

If they came from the outside...where did they come from?

(they are rolled with them)

The eggs lay dormant till the right humidity and temperature takes place and wham, beetles are there. Tobacco leaves come with them.

Does the ammount of beetle eggs inside a cigar effect the taste any? And if so, does it make them taste better or worse? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm a total n00b to cigars (first post).

In order to know if there's any different in the taste of the cigar,you'll have to know you're smoking a cigar with beetles eggs in it.
If you would know it has beetles eggs I doubt that you'll want to smoke it.

I believe we all smoked a beetle egg at least once,but didn't know about it.:whistling:

Does the ammount of beetle eggs inside a cigar effect the taste any? And if so, does it make them taste better or worse?

From what I've read, the eggs are only 1/50 in. long. And, the females lay roughly 100 eggs at a time. So, a whole batch of eggs would only cover 1/5 in.[sup]2[/sup]. I don't think that would impart much of a taste! I would be much more concerned about the flavor of all those bugs ground up in your bread and cereal.
biggrin.gif

[quote name='Smok'em' timestamp='1285719711' post='996427']
How many beetle eggs does it take to make an omelet?
[/quote]
Just one, but it will be a very small omelet.