• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about Cubans

Gary-smoke

I have been looking an pictures of cuban cigars and at my Dominicans, so how come the cuban cigars appear to not to be rolled as nice and uniform as the Dominicans? What I mean is I have some Monty #2's and compared to the pictures of the cuban ones my Domicanians look real uniform but the cuban don't. ???
Thanks for input to a noob :D

I have a box of cuban Montecristo # 2. They look and smell awfully good!!!
MMMMHHHH! I love this cigar.
Maybe you have bought fakes :whistling:
Perhaps we can help you better if you post some pictures?!?!
And why do you buy Dominican Montecristos if you can buy the Cuban ones??? I have compared a few of the Dominican "Cuban-Brand" Cigars with the original ones. To me most of the Dominican "Cuban-Brand" cigars tasted like toilett-paper...
This does not mean i dont like domrep cigars, there are several non-cuban cigars i like and coming from the domrep.

Aaaah, you only looked on a picture of cuban cigars ;) ... Sorry :blush:
Well as i said before, mine are perfektly rolled and flawless (this is for all my tam-cubans; the machine-made ones often have a rougher wrapper)

Appearacne isn't that important in my book regarding Cuban cigars. The TASTE is the clincher so I don't care how nice many Dominican cigars look, the taste of Cuban tobacco is like nothing else in the world.

hell, i will smoke any ugly Q-ban stick, like CC said, its a taste preference... I dont know why they place so many points into cigar construction.

Smoke the ugly Q-bans and give the cheap pretty DR sticks to your boss :p

Sunward said:
Smoke the ugly Q-bans and give the cheap pretty DR sticks to your boss :p
[snapback]264065[/snapback]​

or maybe you just need a couple to share.......... :whistling:

I went to a Macanudo tasting on Friday and had one of their "Robust" stick. Beautiful looking cigar, tasted nice for the first half, then lost it on the second half. The stick looked top notch, but the draw was tight and the tast just was not there. When I finished this medium-full bodied smoke, I lit up a JL PC. The taste difference was very distinct. I was afraid that the flavors and aromas of the JL PC would be muted by the somewhat strong cigar I just had, but this light-medium bodied petite corona was everything that the other was not. The distinct cream and cocoa taste was awesome. It was complex for a short stick and it was ugly looking too. Another example where looks count for nothing when it comes to them Cubans.

I've never seen a Cuban cigar that was rolled badly. From my limited experience with Cohibas and Montecristos, each cigar looked flawless in construction, smelled and tasted great.