• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question For Kansas BOTLs

jstrat

I have an opportunity to relocate to the Topeka/Lawrence area and was looking for any thoughts or suggestions about the area. I really like downtown Lawrence , but I haven't had much chance to explore. I will be heading up there sometime in the next two weeks to do a tour of the area with a real estate agent, but just wanted to see if anyone had any advice. Thanks.

Lawrence is probably the most/only liberal town in KS. It is a college town so there is always something to do. If you like hunting and fishing, there are some great areas open to the public by the clinton lake area. As far as B&M's go, they come and go there. Topeka has a decent one but your best bet is to drive the 30-55mins to KC and go to the Outlaw Cigar Co. Lawrence can seem a bit pretentious, but like I said, it's a university town. If you go up, make a point to drive down Massachusetts Ave, it has some great places to shop and eat including the Free State Brewery. Feel free to shoot me a PM for more specifics.

Billy

Thanks for the info Billy. I will definitely check out the brewery.
:thumbs:

I have lived in both Topeka and Lawrence. If you have your choice pick Lawrence. I live about 30 miles east of Lawrence now, close to Kansas Speedway-Legends area. If you have a chance to check out that area, it is pretty cool. Lots of stuff to do. Lawrence is a fun town, Topeka is the opposite. The crime rate in Topeka alone is enough for me to never want to live there again. I do work there though.

Free State Brewery is good.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM.