• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question - New Monte ISOM Band

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
Has anyone seen the new Monte Bands. They supposedly changed last year sometime to a new glossy finish and the emblem changed. Is this the new band?

Thanks.

PANA0236.JPG

Just found this: The cigars in question are #4's. The pic I have uploaded here shows a lot darker than the one in the pic of the new post. The bands are not as dark as the ones in the picture I first added. They are exactly as shown in the second picture. I was scared for a minute. I guess they are legit. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT of Important Change to Montecristo Brand Labeling

CubanBest is pleased to be the first to announce significant changes to Montecristo's logo and band design.

Habanos S.A. has confirmed that, starting in June 2003, new bands were introduced for the entire Montecristo line.

Although the new bands are already in wide circulation on the hugely popular No. 4, they won't be showing up for some time on most of the other sizes until retailers' existing stocks dwindle and are gradually replaced with new product.

Upon receiving boxes of No. 2's sporting the new bands, and having had no prior knowledge of proposed changes, startled customers (naturally thinking they had received counterfeits) created quite a stir. Not surprisingly, formal notice from Cuba regarding this change still has yet to materialize.

monte_bands.gif

Montecristo Bands: old (left), and new (right)

The changes in these bands are part of a major facelift of the entire Montecristo line. In addition to the new bands, several new packaging formats have been added, and there will be a new cigar size introduced into the regular Montecristo line sometime next year.

Both the new bands and the logo have had a facelift - the paper is now a shiny gloss similar to the bands of most of the other major labels, instead of the older plain matte finish. And, a "hook" has been added to the edge of the fleur-de-lis symbol. Here's a sneak preview of the new band, next to the old one for comparison (provided to us by Habanos S.A.)

I thought they were fake at first, still looks fake to me. Kind of like the new $$ always looks fake for a little while.

It'll take some getting used to.

Phil

I smoked one. They are 03's and had just arrived so they were a bit dry but they sure seemed good to me. I'm no ISOM Pro but I say they are legit.

Have a box of the Feb 2003 production and they are wearing the new shiny bands.
Very nice examples of the Monte No.4.
Burn evenly, draw is medium-light. Char line shows evidence of well fermented/aged wrapper/binder. Good Montecristo flavour, but a bit sour near the band, as you would expect from such a young cigar. These should be great with a couple of years on them. :)

SD_Stack said:
The changes in these bands are part of a major facelift of the entire Montecristo line.
lol - their idea of a major facelift is slightly lightening the brown and adding gloss to the band? Castro needs a marketing consultation.