• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question (problem) with Siglo Vs

Sounds like they were in the "sick" period to me. Do you remember what the box code was?

Did you get them from an authorized Habanos SA dealer? If not, they could have been fake...

my guess...they are about a year old.

habanos are raunchy and have a lot of lipsting when young.the stronger the cigar the longer this takes to go away.

more than a few boxes i have opened too soon...to start with...a good cigar and then turn raunchy after a while. eg.bolivar coronas gigantes at one year were badddd after an inch...by the time they were three years old the whole cigar was smokable(tho not as good as a nicely aged churchill).

a lot of people dry there cigars in a seperate (non humidified)humidor for a while to make them smokable when young.

derrek :)

I don't recall the box code. I bought them at one the Travel Value duty-free shops in Schiphol. They have a good reputation, and the sticks, packaging, stickers, etc. were all in order. I just dodn't know if cigars got sick an inch at a time; in other words, I don't know why the first inch wouldn't be sick. Noob question, I suppose.

I've not had this experience with a Cohiba before but I've only had a couple that were less then a year old. They were still good smokes though much more muted then a nice aged Cohiba. They may not have been properly humidified.