• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Questions for Monty Lovers... or non-lovers

Spanishcedar

Premium Grade Lumber Stock
Hello fella's, been awhile but it's nice to be back on and see some of the same faces.

I have a few questions about the ISOM Montecristos.

1. Has anyone had the edmundos lately? How are they smoking right out of the box?

2. how is their "open"line of cigars.... anyone had positive (negative) experiences?

3. How about the Clubs and minis... good for a quick smoke?

reason I ask is...

4. What about the quality of this micro-humidor?

Montecristo-Club-And-Minis-Humidor.gif
sm_Montecristo-Club-And-Minis-Humid.gif

Thanks a lot for looking and it is great to be back in the states and in touch with the REAL cigar info here on CP

Hello fella's, been awhile but it's nice to be back on and see some of the same faces.

I have a few questions about the ISOM Montecristos.

1. Has anyone had the edmundos lately? How are they smoking right out of the box?

2. how is their "open"line of cigars.... anyone had positive (negative) experiences?

3. How about the Clubs and minis... good for a quick smoke?

reason I ask is...

4. What about the quality of this micro-humidor?

Montecristo-Club-And-Minis-Humidor.gif
sm_Montecristo-Club-And-Minis-Humid.gif

Thanks a lot for looking and it is great to be back in the states and in touch with the REAL cigar info here on CP
I find the 08 Monte #4 and Especiales are smoking quite a bit better than the edmundos, but taste is subjective.
The open line is one-dimensional and is very light-bodied. ALthough there's a chance that it will develop more complexity in a few years, it will get even lighter.
I haven't tried their minis, but FWIW, LGC minis are nice 10 min. smokes when in a time crunch.
The two current "special edition" releases on minis are the Monte you have pictured above and the Cohiba tin. The Monte is considered "more collectible", but to each his own. Which ever you get, I would recommend throwing them in your established/seasoned humidor either way.

I find the 08 Monte #4 and Especiales are smoking quite a bit better than the edmundos, but taste is subjective.
The open line is one-dimensional and is very light-bodied. ALthough there's a chance that it will develop more complexity in a few years, it will get even lighter.
I haven't tried their minis, but FWIW, LGC minis are nice 10 min. smokes when in a time crunch.
The two current "special edition" releases on minis are the Monte you have pictured above and the Cohiba tin. The Monte is considered "more collectible", but to each his own. Which ever you get, I would recommend throwing them in your established/seasoned humidor either way.

Thanks for the rec on the #4... I'll have to give those a try.

That is what I was imagining with the "open-line".

Good to hear they will be decent smokes still

Thanks for the reply

I have the mini-humidor its a nice piece of functional artwork.

I like the Monte minis, one of the better Cuban cigarillos on the market and much better (IMHO) than the more expensive Cohiba ones.

The minis are good. you get some classic monte flavor in a 10-15 min smoke. I have had a couple 08' Edmundos in the past month. They are smoking well, but nothing spectacular. Haven't had an Open.

I have to admit I am a Monte mini addict. That being said, I find it to be brilliantly short at under 5 minutes.

I love the Edmundos '09 Rott, the tobacco has been as good as it was in '07. the wrappers have been near flawless and the Monte flavors have been prominent. At the moment this eclipses the Monte #2 as the archtype Montecristo.

The PE have also been tasty, but I have found them to be short and hot recently.

I really enjoy the Monte Open. I have smoked through several boxes of the Junior & Regatta. These received harsh reviews when they were first introduced at the Festival last year, but it was undeserved. The taste is Montecristo, with a bit less ligero. These are a tasty, smooth, mid-day smoke.

Cheers
Drew P

The P edmundos is a nice smoke out of the box. Can't go wrong with #2's and 4's. I've had the Open line and the torpedo had light hints of the Monte profile but after smoking them I would rather smoke a regular Monte. I know they want it as kinda of intro to the line for newbs but I would go straight for the regs IMHO.

Great reviews and information. Much appreciated by me and hopefully others.

I have yet to try the "open line" perhaps in the future, but I can't

see it being as good as a full monte.

Thanks a million times over,

Just one quick note that wasn't covered well enough, IMO. Humidor quality boxes should be stored in a controlled environment. While they will protect their contents somewhat better than most boxes, they are not really humidors.

As Wurm mentioned, "functional artwork" - does not equate to as good as a humidor.

Just one quick note that wasn't covered well enough, IMO. Humidor quality boxes should be stored in a controlled environment. While they will protect their contents somewhat better than most boxes, they are not really humidors.

As Wurm mentioned, "functional artwork" - does not equate to as good as a humidor.

Ahhhh... Nice. Thanks for that tidbit. I was wondering if they were calling it a humidor when it's just another box like all of the others. Of if it was actually made to be a humidor on its own.

Much appreciated,